1.21

Season 3, Episode 5

Oh, The Guilt

•••

"She's losing it," Meredith told the interns who didn't live in the frat house about Izzie. "She almost battered and deep-fried an 8.5 million dollar check this morning."

Laura whistled at the number before Cristina spoke up. "That kind of money? I'd buy my own hospital and stock it full of sick people."

"Hm, I'll help," Laura nodded. "Either that or I'd use the money for a groundbreaking medical trial."

"Valvuloplasties and ruptured aneurysms," Cristina continued dreamily.

George looked at them. "You two are psychos. You know that, right?"

"We're not the ones with an 8.5 million dollar check I won't cash," Cristina answered for both of them.

"Stop talking about me. I'm fine," Izzie said from the other side of the lockers. "I'm cleaning out my locker and I am going home. Mer is the one with problems."

"Mer always has problems. That's nothing new," Laura shot back, receiving an offended 'Hey' from Meredith.

Then she looked at all of them in confusion. "What's wrong with me?"

Izzie leant against the lockers. "Well, you haven't told McDreamy that you dumped McVet."

Cristina looked at Meredith in surprise. "Oh, you haven't done that?"

"Dude, tell him already," Alex told her.

"She's scared," George said.

"I am not scared," Meredith denied. "Derek walked away."

"Because he didn't want to force you to choose," Laura argued. "You chose Derek, you just have to tell him."

"But what if it doesn't change anything?" she asked. "He walked away and maybe that's a good thing. Maybe he's happier. Maybe he's moved on. He's got Addison here. He's got Mark here. He's got a lot to deal with. And I'm not going to make him feel guilty. I mean, I am being an adult here. And I am not going to drag him into our whole..." she trailed off before she gestured to Izzie, attempting to get the focus off of her and her issues. "Izzie is the one with the big check."

"I'm fine," Izzie replied simply.

•••

George was falling behind during rounds because he was trying to call Callie.

"Am I keeping you, O'Malley?" Bailey asked strictly. He caught up with them. "M&M in 15 minutes, people."

"Wait, wait, wait..." Alex paused. "We get to go to the M&M?"

"Even if we haven't finished our rounds?" George asked.

"Even if..." Bailey nodded. "I want all of you at the M&M today."