1.24

Season 3, Episode 10

Don't Stand So Close To Me

•••

"Maybe she'll be on 'look, don't touch' patrol too. At least I'd have some company," Izzie suggested while tying her shoes.

It was the day after the truth had come out, and a lot of people were upset.

Alex hummed in agreement. "Whatever she gets, I hope it's bad."

"Technically speaking, she didn't really do something super wrong, they didn't lose any patients," Laura said, speaking up in Cristinas defense. "Morally speaking, it's a whole other story." 

Somewhat in Cristinas defense at least. 

"I hope it's really bad," Alex continued his previous thought, preferring that approach instead of Lauras.

"She made a mistake," Meredith argued. "We all..."

"Mistake?" George looked up. "She was gonna let Burke, Burke with the shaky hand, operate on my father."

They stopped talking when Cristina joined them, all of them just following her with their eyes.

Cristinas eyes focused in on George as she came to a halt by her locker. "Could you stop looking at me like that?" she asked as if nothing was wrong. "It's creepy and it makes me feel like you haven't been fed."

Laura sighed, a bit disappointed that this was her response, but also not surprised considering it was Cristina. She didn't say anything though, just walked out alongside George, Alex and Izzie.

•••

When everyone was ready and present, the interns followed Bailey on rounds until they were approached by Addison.

"Dr. Bailey, can I have Grey?"

"You can have them all," the resident said in her usual loving manner, but only Meredith stopped and the others kept going, eventually reaching Georges fathers room.

"Hi, mom," George hugged his mother, who'd just arrived that morning.

"Hi," she smiled and pulled back. "I put out some breakfast in case you kids haven't eaten yet."

"Score," Alex cheered and turned towards the table.

"George, I love your mom," Laura grinned and was doing the same thing as Alex, until Bailey stopped both of them. 

Georges brothers walked in too. "Hey, ready for the big day, pops?" one of them asked.

The other noticed the table and creatively stated, "Food." Then the two raced each other to get there first.

The same moment Dr. Hahn entered. "Alright, let's make this fast, people. I have a day. Which one of the interns is mine?"

"It's mine," Alex said. "He's family and she's a candy striper," Alex said about George and Izzie.