Ch.37- Honest

Ch.37- Honest

"What is the mission we're tasked with?"

"If you don't fucking know before you forced yourself intou our damn group, then you don't get to fucking know now, asshole."

"K-Kacchan! W-We're investigating a-"

"Don't say a damn word to him, Deku!!"

"Am I not allowed to know?"

"Yes!!"

"N-No..."

"Hm."

You sighed, shaking your head as the three boys in front of you continued to argue. They had been fighting nonstop since the moon had risen and you all set out toward your destination. While there had been no physical fight, thank the Gods for that, the bickering was only getting more and more intense as they each continued to interact.

You felt your hand get squeezed tightly and your eyes shifted down. Eri's lips wiggled and a few tears appeared in her eyes. You frowned and then gently rubbed her snow wite locks. She glanced up at you and you forced a smile for her.

"It's okay." You told her. "Those three are each stubborn in their own ways. Nothing bad will happen though, I promise."

Eri seemed to find comfort in your words. You wished you could as well. But it had been hard with Todoroki Shouto having joined a few days ago. While the boy usually kept to himself, he was always nearby: watching, listening, observing. It made you feel uneasy.

It only seemed to piss your demonic fiance off though and therefore resulted in a lot of arguments with him yelling and Todoroki replying with a simple sentence or even a single word. Midoriya would try to break it up... but would often only get dragged into it himself.

It all created a messy situation and even messier relations between you all. Something you were worried about the closer you got to where you all had been sent. It was one thing for Bakugou to get pissy with Midoriya around, but it was another when it was someone he didn't know and sure as hell didn't trust.

That left you to play the peacemaker between them all. A position you were used to playing, especially because of how your childhood friends would often act to one another growing up... but you wished that they could act like the teens they were and try and solve their disagreements rationally themselves.

But... you knew better than to give them all that much faith in their compromising skills and possible empathetic natures.

"That's enough." You spoke out, noticing how Bakugou's hand was going to his blade. "We are not starting a fight, nor a contest of swordsmanship."

Bakugou huffed and turned his head. Midoriya gave you a grateful look. Todoroki nodded his head, blank expression as present as always. Eri squeezed your hand again and you inhaled sharply. These idiots were going to be the death of you- but you were a hard human to kill.

"We've been walking for a while, so I think we should take a break." You told them and motioned to a little clearing you all were about to walk past. "Come on. Deku, Todoroki- we should eat and have water. Kacchan, Eri-chan- you two can take a nap if you want or I don't know? Do whatever it is a demon would need to do while we eat?"

"I want to color!" Eri declared and you giggled softly.

Midoriya nodded his head as well. The three of you walked into the clearing and you started to dig through your bag. Midoriya meanwhile was putting down the box he carried Eri in when she was asleep or the sun was present. You pulled out a set of paints and a brush and handed it over to Eri.