Ch.17- Willingness

Ch.17- Willingness

(AN- I'm busy with some birthday prep for myself on Saturday (My B-Day is Oct 9th for anyone curious), so I thought I'd update early. Hope you all will enjoy another early update~)

Eri hummed happily, pulling out the box of green tea as you started to fill up a pot to boil the water. Once the water was heating you, you moved to replace the snacks that had also been dropped. You looked into the little cabinet and blinked.

A soft smile found its way onto your face as you grabbed a few of the freshly made treats off the shelf. Eri hovered near you and looked at you curiously.

"Do you like those?" She asked you.

You nodded slowly. "Yeah.. the first time I ever tried red bean paste and wagashi was when I met Kacchan and Deku."

Eri's eyes widened and she pulled on your hand eagerly. You glanced down at her and saw her big eyes hitting your heart directly.

"Oh! Tell me! I want to know how you met Deku and the scary demon!" Eri begged you.

You chuckled wearingly. You could definitely recall your arrival on the scene, and hoped you could recall Deku's well so the story made sense. You still had a few minutes until the tea would be ready... So what was the harm in taking a walk down memory lane with a sweet snow-haired demon who was so interested in the first place?

~~~~~

Snow fell to the ground without a sound, gradually building up higher and higher until the entire area was covered by the masses of small frozen crystals. Only for the mounds to be crushed under the weight of people still making their way about the village.

While adults continued to go about the usual functions of business, house, or care, the children were free to play and enjoy the winter storm. Many had already taken off towards the wooded area, wanting to create and toss balls of snow toward one another, while others were put to work by their parents and told to clear the entrances of their homes from the snow.

Midoriya had been one of those children who was busy at work. His mother hadn't even asked him to clear snow, but upon seeing how many of the other men in the village were doing so, the young boy had a feeling that he should also do so, as he was the man of the house since his father was off to Tokyo to deliver goods and hopefully sell them.

Midoriya Inko poked her head out, her eyes blinking when she spied her tiny son huffing and admiring his work. Inko stepped out and walked towards him, and then knelt down before the boy.

"Didn't I tell you to go play?" Inko asked, rubbing away the snow that had made their home in her son's locks.

Midoriya looked at her nervously. "All the other men were doing so!"

Inko smiled gently. "Izuku, why do you keep insisting on growing up so quickly? Your mom is going to be sad when you do become a man."

Midoriya blinked and tilted his head to the side. Suddenly his mother threw a big green and black haori over him and Midoriya's eyes widened. This was his father's! He looked at his mother and she nodded to him.

"Go play... but keep the haori on. I don't want you coming back freezing." Inko instructed her son and then watched as he nodded and headed off to the usual area the kids would play.

Midoriya followed the other footsteps that were around his size, leading into the usual section of the woods. The tracks suddenly stopped; however, the snow had been kicked over the tracks. Hiding the prints from Midoriya. Midoriya blinked, only to suddenly get a snowball to his face.