Ch.11- Stupor

Ch.11- Stupor

He groaned, feeling yet another part of his body having been sliced off. This night had really not gone according to his plans. But if anything good had come out of it, it seemed that you were unharmed and the idiot who had done such a reckless attack wasn't doing anymore.

Between the ground and the demon still covering you, you felt something trickle onto your back. You inhaled sharply when you spotted a severed arm next to you. Your eyes widened when you realized that the liquid on your torso was blood. Blood from Bakugou.

"Kacchan!" You screamed, attempting to crawl out from under him.

Bakugou rolled his eyes, letting you up. You stood up, looking around frantically. He was missing half a leg and now an entire arm! Oh... could he even regrow his limbs like a regular demon? Or... was he going to have to get used to this?

The color was quickly draining from your face as your mind started to try and find a solution here. So worried for your demonic childhood friend that you had failed to notice something that stood out to the pair of slayers.

Not only had each just witnessed a demon actually put themself in harm's way for a human, but... his limbs were not disintegrating as any other demon's limbs would from a strike from a nichirin weapon. His severed limbs still remained on the ground, looking to be acting like what a normal human's limbs would do should they get sliced off.

"Don't worry!" The slayer girl called out, suddenly pulling out needles, vials, and other medical equipment. "I'll fix you!!"

The demon lurched upwards and jumped away. He bared his teeth at her, but his attitude was more like that of frustration than any kind of hostility. The slayer girl only chased after him, nearly catching him a few times thanks to the slowness he had thanks to the leg wound.

"What... is happening?" The blonde slayer commented, looking at his red-haired friend.

The redhead blinked. "I-I think that demon..."

He couldn't complete his sentence, unsure of what word or words would fit exactly what they both had just seen. It was only when the demon and girl had stopped their game of cat and mouse that the pair of slayers were finally coming off of their shock.

"Can't I just reattach it?" Bakugou asked, holding up the severed half of his leg.

"Huh? Can you do that?" You asked him.

"I don't know! You're supposed to know!!" He yelled back at you.

You shrugged. "Well... you're somewhere between a human and demon biologically... so maybe if you can't regenerate your limbs, you can just put them back?"

The ash-blonde hummed, looking at his leg, and then pushed it against where the wound was. He winced for a moment, blood pooling between the halves of the slash and then it hardened. His skin reappeared and he moved his leg around.

"Oh!" You clapped your hands together, eyes sparking. "It worked! Where's your arm!? I want to watch how it reconnects again!!"

"You're fucking loud and mental..." Bakugou huffed, eyes already glancing for where his arm was.

He spotted it between himself and the pair of slayers. His eyes narrowed but were no longer demonic-looking. His carmine hues instead looked human-like and had it not been for them just having witnessed all they had, the demon wouldn't turn any heads in question to his biology.

So absorbed in making sure you both were okay, the presence of your attackers had slipped from both of your minds. But the focus was back, as was the sound of growling coming from the ash-blonde.