Ch.2 - Astonishment

Ch.2 - Astonishment

There was nothing but silence as he came to. The ash-blonde demon growled as he slowly sat up. His head ached and his stomach still felt the pains of hunger in it. His carmine eyes scanned around, wanting to see where he was and what became of that human he had run into.

As his eyes adjusted to the dim surroundings, the demon soon started to take in the environment he found himself in. He was sitting upon a dirt floor, a small matress and blanket in the corner, and some water in a canteen by it. The room was enclosed by metal bars before him. Outside of the metal bars was what looked like a small hallway. Candles lined the hallway, casting flickering orange and yellow hues across the room.

The demon glared at the bars and slowly found his way up onto his feet. He felt like a newborn colt as he stood up, seeing as his legs were weak. His stomach growled and he tried to not fall over. He was starving and in dire need of a meal and he knew he would only find such a thing if he could get out of this little cage.

As he approached the metal bars, his eyes picked up on a slight purple on them. His nose tickled at a sweet but musky scent that also came from the bars. As the scent warfed through his nose more and more, his stomach stopped feeling hungry and instead nauseous.

His hand hovered near the bars, his mind hesitant to touch them. He knew that he could easily break out of here, as mere metal was nothing compared to his power. After all, when he woke up earlier, he was buried under rubble and was able to get out without an issue. But he was unsure of this smell. Something about it made him dither about trying to break out.

As his thoughts continued to fight one another, the silence suddenly ended with a tiny, nearly missed creaking. The demon blinked, looking to the side, beyond the cage, as the creaking grew closer and closer.

He blinked as the girl from before entered and stood before him. Only the bars separated them and the demon couldn't help but become slightly more convinced to break out so he could feast on her flesh. His lips were licked by his salivating tongue and the girl narrowed her eyes at him.

"You're awake now." She breathed out.

The demon didn't say anything back, the ability to speak still seeming to be lost on him. So, it was time to try and talk rationally with the demon before you. You could feel his eyes on you as you moved and it made you feel like nothing more than a meal to him. Something that unsettled your heart, knowing what had once been your tie to him.

"Are you hungry, Kacchan?" You spoke, watching him carefully.

The name you used once more seemed to hit him in a way you didn't expect. For a moment it was as if his demonic desires faded and he could remember who he was. But like last time, it was only for a passing moment, and then he was back to the animalistic state he had been reborn into.

He came forward, looking to be ready to touch the bars. You watched as he did so, seeing him grab the bar with his left hand. Your eyes narrowed and watched as he immediately pulled away, hissing in pain. His hand grew red and he felt his pulse beating wildly in his palm.

"I wouldn't do that again." You scolded him, moving out of his sight for a moment. "The bars are coated in wisteria extract. So unless you feel like killing yourself, I wouldn't touch it."

He growled at her and wiped away the substance on the dirt. You reappeared before him a moment later, this time carrying a wooden bucket with you. You put it on the ground and then gently shoved it through one of the small openings on the cage.

The demon felt his stomach growl as he looked down at the bucket and saw a mixture of blood, flesh, and bones. Without wasting a second, he started to feast upon the contents. You watched as he did so, wanting to see what would become of this.