Ch.8- Curiosity

Ch.8- Curiosity

You were going to get a headache.

The demon inside of the basket had been tapping, though hitting was a more accurate word, the part that was right before your back. And no matter how many times you had said he couldn't come out yet, it only lasted for about five minutes until he started again.

Spring was turning into summer, therefore the sun was staying out much longer than it had before. So, you were letting him out much later into the evening than you had for the last two months of travel.

It seemed the demon wasn't very happy about this.

"The sun hasn't faded from the sky yet... would you calm down?" You huffed, pausing to scold him.

He didn't say anything back, but he gave one final hard smack to your back. Your eyes twitched and you carried on with an annoyed grunt. A similar noise came from inside of the basket.

"If you're not careful, you're going to rip a hole through this thing... then how am I going to be able to carry you around and protect you from the sunlight?" You muttered, hoping he didn't hear you.

Demon or human... Bakugou had never liked seeming like a weight on anyone's shoulders. And even if he was a literal weight on your back right now, had he heard you making that comment, you were sure he would have forced his way out just to yell and spite you.

You carried on, hoping this pause in his poor excuses for a back massage would be over with for longer than a few minutes. The sunlight would be totally gone in another thirty minutes at the most, by then he could come out and stretch his legs.

Before that came, you wanted to find somewhere to set up camp. You had started to get used to sleeping during the final moments of night into the mid-morning, but you still felt exhausted after these long days into nights of walking.

The lucky demon with you got to sleep as much as he wanted and was fed and taken care of by you, pretty much as a top priority. You longed for the days of the past where he would have roughly scolded you for not taking care of yourself, but you were no longer a small fragile girl, and he certainly wasn't the boy from days past.

You forced yourself to not dwell on it. No matter how much it stung your heart, you couldn't think about what had once been. No, only the now mattered. The past was exactly that... the past.

The sounds of loud rushing water cleared out your thoughts and you paused for a moment. The forest dwindled out into a cliffside view, a large and fast river below, looking to have reached the point in the year where its rapids were the most dangerous.

You gulped, feeling the dryness of your throat. You had run out of water earlier in the day, so the Gods must be blessing you with the gift of an entire river to quench your thirst. Only peeks of pink and orange remained in the sky, but you were certain that there was still enough light for you to find a way down the cliffside and to the river.

You picked up your pace, even starting to jog a little bit. Another hit came to your back, no doubt from the demon who was upset that you were bouncing him about, but you only rolled your eyes this time. He'd be out in another ten minutes and you'd have some water.

Lucky for you, you made it to the river in five and without any issues.

He was quite annoyed when you undid the fabric covering and then opened the lid finally. Even as a small child-like version of himself, you could see how annoyed he was at you. You smiled at him gently, too excited about the prospect of water to care.