Chapter 35

"Never in a million years did I ever imagine going ring shopping with you", Kennedy said as they walked into a mall where his Mother advised they go to look for an engagement ring that matched Zeb. Those were her words, not his. He thought back to how she made sure to keep her promise and visited him for the weekend, they didn't leave the house for the whole weekend and she made sure to leave after satisfying him completely. He bragged to Brian every chance he got, "What are you smiling about?", Kennedy asked interrupting his trip down memory lane. "I just love this woman and I want her to be mine forever. I have no idea how this happened, I feel like it was just yesterday when I saw her at that bar and I told myself 'i want her'. There are times when I thought she would leave me and the thought alone made me go nuts don't even get me started on the kids, they are just so awesome and they make me feel alive, they make me want to be better every day, for them, you know?", he asked no one in particular but the look on Kennedy's face was that of appreciation and he liked it.

"We will take this one", he said happily without even listening to what Kennedy was saying about a necklace that was on display. "Excellent choice, she must be a special woman", the Jeweller's sentence made Kennedy turn to see the ring. "Holy Mother of heavens! How much is that?", "It doesn't matter, I want it for her. It suits her", he said still looking at the ring. "It's so beautiful, Nicole is going to freak out and your Dad will have to start thinking of vow renewals", she said making them both laugh remembering one Christmas when his Mother's friend had a new car and she never shut up about it until his Dad bought her the exact one. 

They went into a diner and found a spot to sit when his phone rang making him smile, he had a special ringtone for Zeb. "Hi Babe", "Hi handsome, what are you up to?", she asked from between the sheets, he was thankful that she didn't call when they were at the jewellery store because he would have panicked and blown the whole thing up. "About to stuff our faces with burgers", he replied proudly making her laugh, he switched to a video call so that she could see Kennedy. "Hi Zeb!", Kennedy said with excitement making Zeb laugh, "How was your day?", he asked her and she went on telling her how the kids drove her crazy to a delivery mix up incident making the both of them laugh.

"This ring is perfection, she deserves it and she is going to love it", his Mother told him making him smile, she always had an eye for beautiful stuff. "When are you proposing?", his Father asked,  "On her birthday I was thinking of travelling with her, I have already asked for permission from her Father and the Twins so only the ring was missing".

He looked at his calendar to see where he will be during her birthday weekend and decided to go to camping themed lodge in the destination he was going to be since it was just three weeks away, the company never changed schedules three weeks before. They had amazing sites and he knew she was going to love the scenery. When he was done laying out his plan, he called her to tell her about the trip intentionally leaving out the main reason to do it just the two of them. She was happy because she had never had anyone do something like that for her but in his book Zeb deserved the world. "So you are really doing this?", Brian asked. "Am doing it, I can't wait any longer, she is the one", he replied confidently. "Who is the one?", "Not you", Brian answered Olivia who rolled her eyes at him and turned to Lewis. They were still at the airport so they were bound to bump into each other at some point. "Zeb, am marrying her", "Oh! C-congratulations", she sounded broken, took her bag and walked away faster than necessary only to bump into Mia. "What's up with her?", "She just found out that Lewis is getting married", Mia jumped with excitement and hugged Lewis, promising them that if they went out the first round was on her. He showed them the ring and they were all in whoa! "Is that four carats?", Mia asked, "yes, why is it too much?", he started to panic but she assured him it was ok. He went on telling them about the trip he planned for her on her birthday week and that he planned to propose once they were there.

"What?" The three of them said at the same time when they were told that there was a staff reshuffle in the company that exchanged air hostesses so now, Mia was in charge of the three air hostesses including Olivia. To her, it was a promotion she was hoping for but to Olivia, it was a demotion. She was the queen b of the private jet women, she made sure they all knew to stand aside when she was around hence that only meant one thing, she was dumped. "This is gonna be interesting", Mia had mischief written all over her face. Landor was laughing so hard while Brian and Lewis had horror faces. "Mia, please behave", "I will try Captain". They didn't trust her one bit. Lewis made sure to avoid Olivia as much as possible. But he also informed Zeb about the change, she didn't sound shaken, and she understood it was not something he planned.

Lewis was so excited and waiting for the day that he was going to propose. He was nervous too but he knew that he was ready for that chapter, he was ready to make her his forever. He was currently sitting in the waiting lounge at the airport talking to the kids that were at Sarah's house, they were happy and couldn't wait to get the pictures. "Papa you have to promise to send the pictures, we will be waiting", "Look who has gotten bossy", Zeb said from behind him scaring the crap out of him. "Babe, what the fuck!", she laughed at him then apologised. He said goodbye to the kids and pulled her onto his lap kissing her lips and taking in her dress code. She looked amazing and relaxed and ready for an adventure.