Chapter 22

Lewis woke up with only one thing on his mind, 'how did he become so lucky'. The last twenty four hours had been the best in his whole life all because of Zeb. He reached for his phone to find a text from an unknown number wishing him a happy birthday. He called the number and the moment the person answered he wished he hadn't called. "Hi, Lewis", "Olivia, what do you want?", "Come on L, I know that we have our differences but, I come in peace", he took a deep breath and decided it was time to look past what she did and move on, besides he already had what he wanted. "Thank you Olivia", "So I saw on Kennedy's page that you had a party and all, didn't take you for a family man", she teased making him smile, he had forgotten how easy it was to talk to her, they had known each other in forever, since he was in college, even though they were on and off for the past six years, she was the one woman who was able to capture his heart, he remembered giving her everything she ever wanted, including getting her a job at his airline as an air hostess which was her dream job and then when she met the son of the owner at one of her trips it all went downhill. She became his mistress in exchange for a luxurious life. "People change Olivia and I am no different", he replied making her laugh "I see that... it suits you, ok I have to go we are about to start onboarding passengers, take care", "You too Olivia", he replied and hung up. 

"Good morning Princess, where is your mother?", he asked when he found Zoe eating cereal in the kitchen, "she is in the backyard helping Zack with his homework". "And have you finished yours?", "yes, since yesterday Papa", she replied making him smile, she was as quick as Zeb. "Good job Zack", "Thank you, Mum, I can't wait to tell Dad", Zack said full of excitement. "What do you want to tell me buddy?", he said as he walked towards them. "I was able to do math on my own, it's easy just like you said", he finished and gave him a high five, then ran inside leaving a smiling Zeb checking him out, he didn't realise he was shirtless until he saw the way she was looking at him. "See something you like Beautiful?", he asked pulling her to stand next to him, "It's hard to know, you're too covered," she said in a voice he knew too well. "We could go back upstairs for me to fix that if you are up for it", he said and softly bit her earlobe making her shiver. She pulled him in a kiss, her tongue massaging his slowly making him relax into her arms that were on his shoulders. "Eew, Papa stops eating Mama's face", Zoe said while hiding her face in her tiny hands making him pull away with a laugh and Zeb hid her face on his chest shyly. "To be fair, she was eating mine", he replied earning a smack on the chest from Zeb as she walked into the house in a rush avoiding the conversation. "Want to go swimming Princess?", "Yes Papa, I am going to change", she replied and bolted inside. He went to tell Zack the same and he was even more excited. He spent the whole day with the kids swimming and playing volleyball while Zeb made lunch for them and the evening was finished on the couch watching animated series until the kids fell asleep. He carried the kids to their room and made sure to tuck them in before joining Zeb.

"Babe we will be fine", he tried to reassure Zeb as it was the first time he was travelling with the kids alone, they were on a school break for a month and his parents wanted them to spend two weeks with them while the remaining weeks they were going to spend with Zubair and Sarah. She had never been apart from her kids for long and now she had to live without them for a month. "I know, it's just weird that's all, they are my everything Lewis", she said sadly, he hugged her from behind and kissed the top of her head. "Zeb, they are mine too My love", he said to her making her pull back and apologise to him for being selfish. "It's ok Babe, don't worry ok?", he said while picking up their bags and putting them in a car, when he returned, he found Zeb telling her kids to behave and not give him a hard time making him smile. She stopped the minute she noticed him, and he pulled her in for a kiss as usual she deepened it making him moan which broke her out of the trace. "Let's go, guys, we don't want you to miss your flight", she said while walking out he couldn't resist so he smacked her butt as she passed in front of him.

The excitement that the twins had was over the roof, they were so happy that they took pictures in every part of the plane, thanks to the staff discounts he was able to get them first class seats. His friends congratulated him for having cute kids which he happily accepted boosting his ego. "Hi Lewis, it's been a while", he turned to meet the man who almost destroyed his career just because of a woman. "Hank", he said and nod his head while helping Zoe with her backpack. He looked at the kids and then at him. "Didn't know you had kids", he seemed surprised. "Yes I do Hank", "Papa can I go to the ladies' room?", Zoe asked as Hank was about to talk again and Lewis was so happy that it happened. He rushed them to the ladies' room and asked one of the staff to help her as they waited in the doorway, he saw Olivia approaching them, she was still as beautiful but nothing seemed to make him crave her anymore. "Hi Lewis, cute kid you got there", she said while looking at Zack who just smiled at her. "Thanks", "Papa I am done", a cheering Zoe came from the ladies' room. "Papa?", Olivia was shocked, "Yes, Olivia meet my twins, Zack and Zoe", he introduced them with pride, leaving Olivia confused, before she could answer Hank called her, and she finally left. 

He took the kids to his car and drove them to his house, it was the first time the kids were going to spend time with him in his house. "Woah! this house is huge Dad", Zack said as he ran to the stairs, "Hey! be careful, we don't want your Mother to be mad at me", he shouted to what appeared to be an empty hallway, they already disappeared inside the house leaving him with the bags. His phone started ringing and he remembered he didn't call Zeb like he promised, "Babe, am sorry I didn't call you, we just got to the house", he rushed in first making her laugh. "It's ok Lewis, I know things can get out of hand sometimes, are you guys ok?", "Yeah we are good, except for the fact that they left me with the bags the moment we got in", He heard her laugh. "Oh, you find that funny huh?", "Yes, New Father is getting a taste of parenting, changing your mind yet Captain Rollins?", she teased making him join the laugh.