lonely

a/ n: sorry, this one is a short one :( 2 more weeks till school ends, so only 2 weeks till I start writing again, hold on until then!

Erik shut the door behind him and left. I hated when he left. it was so lonely.

~time skip~ 

I picked up the white mask that lay on his table. this was one of his spares. it was a cream white, shaped to fit around his deformities. it smelt of hot wax roses, obviously. 

I tried the mask on, it fitted very badly, his face was much bigger than mine so I don't think it ever will. I walked around the lair observing all the nooks and crannies around. soon enough I came to our bedroom. the swan bed stood elegant in the cave room. I thought of Christine laying in the bed, sleeping peacefully. she must off been so beautiful.  I scanned through the rest of the desk and departed, still wearing his mask. 

the voices from above echoed and bounced off the walls. I danced around, singing my way through the lair. the shattered mirrors reflected my cracked figure and beams of light streamed off them.  the lake stood still, its murky waters reflecting nothing but the cave's stone walls. I stood and observed, getting closer until my toes dipped into the cold liquid.