incense

<Eriks pov>

I sneaked around the opera house, from room to room, trying to find y/n's room. she never told me where her room was. silly child. I heard the sound of footsteps and backed into the shadows.

" I heard he has blue eyes."

" I heard he has blonde hair."

"I heard this! I heard that! I heard."

It was just some ballerinas obsessing over another boy. they quickly moved passed and I entered the light once again. stepping into more dorms packed with beds and storage rooms full of tutus and wigs, I weaved my way swiftly through the rooms careful not to be seen.

 as I began walking again, the smell of incense wafted into my nose and mouth. I coughed at the strong smell of cinnamon and other herbs, following the smell until I got to a door. 

room 23.

I knocked on the door and twisted the gold doorknob, stepping into the room.

y/n turned to me and spoke "well, you've found me. our game of hiding and seek has come to an end" 

she was wearing a long, elegant dress with blue fabric and gold lace.

"très sournois, mon cheri (very sneaky, my dear)"

"you took a little too long for my liking."

"oh, what are you going to do about it huh?"

"probably nothing."

I smiled. I brought her lips to mine, grabbing her jaw carefully. I could feel her soft smile on my skin.  I slowly pulled away turning to her desk. she was writing, as usual.

"my little author."

she turned to her papers.

"ah yes, those. unfortunately, they are not my writings. there just silly old forms."

"oh, well, why did you not tell me where your room was?"

"oh, sans raison (no reason)"

she smirked.

"why, you little-"

I chased her around the room, finally grabbing her waist. she was in fits of giggles and I was laughing too. I took her to the bed and laid her down, her pulling me down with her. she stopped and smiled, yawning too. 

"you don't laugh much, i wish you would"

"you are the only one who makes me laugh."

she didn't respond.

"y/n?"

she had fallen asleep. soon enough i had dozed of too.