discovery (part 1)

I opened the door to the prima donna's room, careful not to drop the basket of neatly folded clothes in my hands. I peered around the room taking in all of the pinks. God, it was awful. 

I set down the wicker basket onto the desk. I opened the dresser and began to put all the clothes in. the dresses were so tacky, let alone the wigs. they were all pink, such a disgusting color.  I giggled at the silly clothes I was putting away. 

soon enough I had finished the clothes and moved on to the sweeping and cleaning. I opened the door to go and hurried up the stairs, and opened another door. shutting out all the chatter from outside. I took the cleaning supplies and hurried back down the stairs. 

I twisted the doorknob and walked in, shutting the door behind me. I began to sweep the crusty floors and cobwebs. suddenly felt a cool breeze surround me. 

wow, it must be cold outside.

I continued to sweep and clean, blowing the dust off of all Carlotta's old things. 

another cold breeze. god, it's freezing in here

I pulled a shawl over my shoulders and continued sweeping. much better. I checked around me for any other patches that need sweeping and made note of them. I heard music. that's weird. the play doesn't start for...

I checked my watch. 

two hours.

I must be hearings, silly me. 

then I heard singing. I turned around and checked the room for a presence.

I moved around the room, checked behind the dressing panel for anyone pranking me. no one was there. 

the voice and music started again.

I continued to look, more intrigued by the music. Suddenly I heard a creak.

                                               the mirror was open