no more masking

"Erik?"

"yes, dear?" he groaned sleepily, moving upon his pillow slightly

"I haven't seen you without-"

"I know what you're going to say, no you may not see me without my mask."

"but we have been dating for months now, you don't even take it off when you sleep!"

" I will not let my deformities ruin our relationship."

"But why would it, why would it ruin us?"

"because-because it got in the way of me and her." he turned around, hiding his concerned expression

I knew exactly who her was. I wanted to find Christine and give her a stern talking to.  how DARE she make my phantom ashamed of his face. he was beautiful no matter what. Erik is mine. my masked love. 

"no, it will not ruin us, Erik, your face is beautiful. I love it. it is my own. 

he smiled.

"thank you, my love."

I brought my lips up to his and kissed him. I could feel his sweet breath on my soft skin. I brought my hand up to his mask, not daring to pull away. I slowly brought my lips away from his and my hand removed his mask. it made me sad to see the fear in his face. 

"my dear, your face is beautiful. I told you I wouldn't stop loving you."

he let a very loud and happy sigh. he propped himself up with two pillows and smiled. I caressed the deformed part of his face and kissed it again.