Chapter 4

7:00PM

Tyquez stayed at the house for a while after he found the condoms and chain. Tyquez finally went to Jordan's mom house to pick Jordan up.

Jordan's mom opened the door for Tyquez and Tyquez walked into the house.

"Well it's about time", said Jordan.

Tyquez looked at her.

Jordan stood up and picked Alexis up.

"Bye mom", said Jordan.

"Bye honey. Y'all have a good night", said Jordan's mom.

"You too", said Tyquez.

Tyquez opened the door for Jordan and Jordan walked out.

"So, you okay?", asked Jordan. "I mean like you didn't find anything right? Hakeem hasn't been to the house right? Because that's what you told me on the phone."

"...we'll talk about it when we get home", said Tyquez.

Jordan made a face.

"What is there to talk about?", asked Jordan.

"We'll talk when we get home", said Tyquez.

Jordan didn't say anything. She put Alexis in the car and then Jordan got into the front seat.

9:00 PM

Jordan walked into the bedroom.

"Okay, the kids are in bed. What's up?", asked Jordan.

Tyquez didn't say anything. He just sat on the bed as he waited for her to see the chain and condom.

Jordan looked at those things on the bed then at him.

"You brought condoms?", asked Jordan.

Tyquez made a face as he finally looked at her.

"What?", she asked.

"I found them in the fucking closet, so tell me who in the hell do you be having in my house when at work?", asked Tyquez.

"Your house? This is just your house?", asked Jordan.

"So that's the only thing you heard from that sentence?", asked Tyquez.

"It's the only thing that had relevance", said Jordan. "I cheated in the past and I am not proud of that but something that I won't do is do it again"

"So where did the condoms come from Jordan?!", Tyquez shouted.

"I don't know", said Jordan.

"Somebody need to know and then on top of the condoms, you fucking around with some broke ass nigga with a fake ass chain", said Tyquez.

"I'm not fucking with anybody but you", said Jordan.

"I don't believe that shit", said Tyquez. "I don't"

"Don't do this right now. Don't even do this! You know I wouldn't cheat on you", said Jordan.

"I don't know how you would want me to believe that", said Tyquez. "Not after I done seen this shit"

Jordan looks to the side. She was trying to remain calm.

"I've been with you and I've been loyal...I've been trying to make you happy", she said as she looked at him. "Not hurt you"

Tyquez shrugged his shoulders. He seemed like he didn't care about what she was saying. He already had his mind made up.

"You can sleep here tonight but tomorrow you gotta go", said Tyquez.