Chapter 3

SATURDAY
2:00P.M.

Jordan and Tywuez just got done eating lunch at her favorite restaurant and Tyquez took her to the dam to walk over the water.

"You know, you usually exercise out here so are we here so you can send me a hint or something?", she asked.

Tyquez chuckled. "No", he replied

Jordan giggled.

"Look...Jordan I- I really enjoy being with you. I really love being with you and I just wanna be able to not only spend the rest of my life with you..."

Jordan's phone rang and Tyquez stopped talking.

"Sorry, that might be my mom calling about the kids", said Jordan.

Jordan pulled her phone out. She didn't recognize the number so she didn't answer it. She put her phone back into her pocket.

"I don't know who that is but..go on", said Jordan.

"Yea but I'm I really wanna spend the rest of my life with you and in order for me to show you that I want—"

Tyquez's phone starts ringing.

"Damn", said Tyquez as he pulled his phone out of his pocket. It was the same number that called Jordan.

Jordan looked at the phone.

"Wait, I think that's the same number that just called me", said Jordan. "You know what just answer it"

Tyquez answers the phone.

"Hello?", he said.

"Tyquez Johnson?", asked the person on the phone.

"Who's speaking?", asked Tyquez.

"This is corrections division, we're calling to inform you of a recent escape. Unfortunately, we had about five prisoners escape last night during a riot of one of them was Hakeem Williams.

"How in the— you know what alright", said Tyquez. "Thanks for telling me"

Tyquez hung up the phone.

Jordan made a face.

"Everything okay?", she asked.

"Yea....well no. Hakeem broke out of jail", said Tyquez.

"What?", asked Jordan.

"I know. It's crazy but he'd be stupid to come to you. It's been four years Jordan. Dude gotta be over it", said Tyquez. "Hell if I escaped prison, I'd be out of the country"

"I need to go get Marcus and Alexis", said Jordan.

"No. They will be fine. I'm not about to let him mess up this—"

"This what?", asked Jordan.

Tyquez sighed. He was going to propose to her but the mood was messed up so he changed his mind to do it another time.

"Nothing", he replied.

"Let's go", said Jordan as she quickly walked away.

Tyquez followed her.

2:30PM

"Wow that was fast", said Jordan's mom. "Congra—"

Jordan's mom looked at Tyquez and Tyquez was shaking his head while he stood behind Jordan.

"What?", asked Jordan.

"Nothing", said Jordan's mom. "Why are you guys back so early?"

"Hakeem broke out of prison", said Jordan.