Slipping Down the Hourglass

AN: This chapter jumps from point of view to point of view a lot in this, sorry if it gets a little confusing. -w-"

--------------

Dimentio's POV:

I walked down the halls of my palace at a brisk pace, unable to levitate myself. My whole body was aching to begin with, now it was just pain. I could feel the black parts of my skin spread towards my pale pigment like a disease spreading quickly. I could tell that most of my face had been changed by now, feeling all of my teeth sharp like an animal's and my nose hooked like a devil's.

My throat burned, my stomach ached, my legs were sore, my head was throbbing, my chest was on fire, and my heart...

Broken, shattered, fractured, ripped apart, or maybe all of the above?

I shook my head as I trudged to a back room I had hoped to never need to use. Snapping my fingers, my mask appeared in my hands, which I slipped on. The hall came to what looked like a dead end and I stomped my foot on the ground, activating a hidden panel and opening a door to a room.

I walked inside and took a hollow breath as I glanced around. The room that I was now in I had originally fashioned to share the appearance of a medieval torture room, an insane asylum cell, and a sort of sacrificial chamber. My eyes gravitated to the dagger that I had laid on the stone table on the side of the room, and I started towards it.

-------------

Mr.L's POV:

I huffed and heaved as I sprinted as fast as my legs could possibly carry me, my lungs on fire and protesting against my mad dash, but I could hardly care less. The pain of knowing that I could've stopped this will hurt much more.

"DIMENTIO!!! DIMENTIO?!?! DIMENTIO, DON'T DO IT!!! WHEREVER YOU ARE!!!" I yelled as loud as I could.

I could hear the Pixls having trouble following me, so I slowed to a jog to try and get help from them.

"None of you happen to have a Pixl ability that allows you to track someone down, right?!" I asked.

They all more or less shook their heads, but Dashell fluttered forward.

"If speed's your need, I got you covered, green!" Dashell exclaimed, "I'm the fastest there is! I was a track star before I game-overed!"

I arched an eyebrow at him but took him by the tail, not wanting to waste any more time. I tried to jog and ended up sprinting several meters in seconds.

"Woah! This could work!" I said.

I held onto the speed Pixl tight and ran into the palace depths, searching for Dimentio.

-------------

Dimentio's POV:

My hand shook and trembled as I tried to reach down and grab the blade, nerves - or maybe even some part of my conscious - preventing me from taking it up and finishing the job. I grabbed my hand, bringing it close to my chest to stop the shaking.

"Come on, it'll be over fast. You knew this had to happen if he didn't..." Dimentio trailed off, "Just think of it like a shot from the doctors. Yes! Just like a shot from the doctors, I will make it quick..."

I eyes the dagger as I picked it up, seeing my grinning mask reflected back at me.

"...and painful," I muttered.

-------------

Mr.L's POV:

"DIMENTIO!!!" I exclaimed, bolting down the hall.