Twisted Truths and Paths

Mr.L breathed heavily as he struggled to keep running up the seemingly infinite staircase. The stairs looked like they stretched up into The Overthere itself, even though Mr.L could safely assume that there was no more Overthere either.

"Of course he made an infinite staircase, he can just float himself!" Mr.L huffed.

After what seemed like an hour to the man in green, he reached an end and bolted down the hallway in front of him. He kept running, confidence that he could escape welling up inside.

Until he reached what seemed like a drop off of a cliff.

"What in the-?!" Mr.L exclaimed.

The man in green dug his heels into the ground just in time to stop himself before the edge. Mr.L warily peered over to see a long drop to what looked like a red-colored moat below. He gulped and backed up slightly.

"Th-there has to be another way..." Mr.L stammered.

"Mr.L?" Dimentio called out.

Mr.L flinched, hearing Dimentio coming closer.

"Nope! No time!" Mr.L exclaimed.

The man in green said a quick prayer under his breath and then ran at the gap. He lept up, closed his eyes, and then hit solid ground.

"OW! What the-?" Mr.L shouted.

He opened his eyes and looked down to see himself suspended in mid-air. Mr.L took his hand and knocked on the floor, finding that it was just an invisible barrier.

"Very clever..." Mr.L muttered.

Mr.L could hear Dimentio nearing the top of the steps and recovered his footing, sprinting away. He reached the end of the invisible hall and threw open a door, running inside. The man in green quickly came to a halt, gawking at the massive room he had entered.

This room was probably as big as the Inner Sanctum of Castle Bleck, if not bigger. Staircases were leading up to halls and corridors everywhere, there was no rhyme or reason. Only chaos.

"Of course this place is messed up, he made it!" Mr.L cursed under his breath.

Mr.L glanced around, looking for the best option possible. He decided to dive for a hatch in the floor, it looked almost perfectly hidden if you didn't notice the handle. The man in green opened up the hatch in the floor and ducked inside, keeping it open only slightly to peer outside.

After only a few moments, Mr.L could hear footsteps nearing his hiding place. Dimentio came walking into the giant room, his footsteps echoing in the emptiness. He stopped and glanced around, his mask still showing its usual smile.

"So you wish to play hide and seek? Alright!" Dimentio exclaimed, a small giggle in his voice, "I shall give you to the count of one hundred, Mr.L!"

Mr.L watched as Dimentio ran off. The man in green arched an eyebrow in perplexion.

"What in the worlds is wrong with him?" Mr.L muttered.

"Everything."

Mr.L flinched and fell backward, tripping and slamming onto the ground. He went to shout out in pain but found something clamped over his mouth preventing him. The man in green's eyes came into focus in the dark cellar-like room and could see Mario's Pixl companion Tippi fluttering over him, clamping his mouth shut with a cloth of sorts.

"Hey, you're that Pi-!"

Tippi cut Mr.L off as she shoved the cloth further into his face to shut him up.

"Be QUIET!" Tippi hissed, "Or he'll find us and it'll be game over for me!"

Mr.L gulped in response, noting the unfamiliar rage in her voice. Tippi didn't remove the cloth as she continued to glare.