Perfect, Is It Not?

Mr.L's POV:

I exhaled slowly and looked around cautiously, waiting for any tricks or traps. Instead, I found that I had actually gone outside of this... palace place. And outside looked... Beautiful. But... oddly horrifying all at the same time.

The grass, or at least what looked like grass, was a weird blue and teal color. Either way, it looked like that fake plastic grass stuff. I could see a lake that was red in the near distance, and I could only hope that it was red-colored water and not blood. The sky was a dark mixture of purple, scarlet, and dark blue, as if it was in the middle of a far-off galaxy. 

However... the stars seemed different. They all appeared to be different colors. Some stars were sky blue, others were red, a few were green, a couple were white, and many were yellow. I noticed that almost nothing looked like it did or would have in the normal worlds. I couldn't even find the constellations, there were all new ones.

"...wow..." That was all I managed to murmur.

I heard Dimentio chuckle and turned to see him already sitting on a large blanket with the picnic basket next to him. He gestured next to himself as an invitation to sit. I declined the invitation by casting him a scowl and sitting on the opposite side of him.

I could hear him hum in response as I sat cross-legged, also crossing my arms. I returned my attention upwards, fascinated by this new sight. Were there still more planets out there? Was space still vast and expansive? Could I even hope to escape to the stars, now..? Maybe I could escape there again...

"Beautiful, is it not?" Dimentio asked.

"Huh?" I replied, snapping out of my daze to glance at him.

He chuckled and looked up at the sky.

"I hope that you like it." Dimentio said, "I spent almost a year fashioning it with hopes that you would like it..."

He had been thinking of me when he made this?

I turned my head up to look where he was. I gawked to see a large full moon above us. It was a pale white, practically glowing like a giant lamp above.

"I never found much interest in space... But, you seemed to entertain the thought quite a bit... So I made it here as well." Dimentio told me, "Ah ha ha... I had actually debated getting rid of it entirely."

I glanced over at him with a perplexed expression.

"What?! Why would you do that?!" I exclaimed.

His mask's smile turned into a deep frown. He slowly turned to look at me with a sad expression.

"I wanted to get rid of it because I knew that you loved it more than me." Dimentio flatly replied as he looked at me, "You love that heartless abyss of soullessness and darkness more than you ever loved me."

I wanted to retort him with something, but I found myself speechless for some reason. After a few moments of awkward silence, Dimentio's masked expression softened and he smiled at me. He hummed a little and placed a hand on the picnic basket.

"Hungry, L?" Dimentio asked.

I bit my lip and looked down at the floor as if suddenly fascinated by the off-colored grass.

"Sure..." I replied.

Just wait for a chance and then slip him the poison, then you won't have to deal with these emotions anymore.

I grasped at my bandana where I was keeping the bottle Tippi handed me and glanced over at Dimentio. I don't really know what I was expecting him to pull out of the basket, but I was still surprised when he pulled out a Shroom Shake and offered it to me.