A Different Side of Me

Third Person POV:

Dimentio looked up at Mr.L, his eye visible filled with so much shock from the man in green's actions. He was desperate to find out if this was somehow another trick. Another lie. Another deception. He didn't want to repeat history again. He wanted this to be as real as himself or the man in green before him.

"Waiting for something?" Mr.L chuckled, "Because I'm not going anywhere now until I can see that smile I saw from your old memories again."

Dimentio paused for a moment, his expression blank as he tried to decide whether to push him away or take the chance again.

By now, he was tired of trying to fight what fate had in store for him.

"...I put too much faith in you." Dimentio sighed, setting his mask to the side, "I somehow always find you easy to trust, even when common sense would scream in protest."

Mr.L laughed a little, holding him close.

"But trust, it is the tasty paste that holds civilization together!" Mr.L exclaimed, mimicking Dimentio.

Dimentio chuckled in response, placing a hand on Mr.L's cheek.

"You heard that little quote from Tippi, didn't you~?" Dimentio questioned.

Mr.L went a little wide-eyed, his face heating up.

"You knew that she was-?" Mr.L asked.

Dimentio laughed a little and nodded.

"What kind of king doesn't know who's in his domain?" Dimentio replied.

Mr.L sighed and leaned into Dimentio, the two of them in an embrace.

"Let's cut out the titles, huh?" Mr.L requested, "I prefer to just call you Dim..."

"Only if I can call you L, mi amor..." Dimentio murmured, burying his face into Mr.L's shoulder.

"Heheh, don't push it, Dim." Mr.L chuckled, placing a hand on the back of his head.

Mr.L held Dimentio close, his lip curved as a question he wanted to ask surfaced.

"Dimentio..." Mr.L started.

"Yes, L?" Dimentio asked, looking up at the man in green with a content smile.

"...why did you choose to bring me back? I don't want to believe that it was just because you had to..." Mr.L murmured, "So why did you? Even after you sent me away..."

The two of them both remained silent for a moment before Dimentio took a deep breath, deciding how to word his emotions into an answer.

"Do you see us? Right now, in this moment? This is the sort of perfect I have strived for." Dimentio replied, taking Mr.L's hands into his, "I have wanted ever since I could fathom what love was for a place where everything was like this; unconditional love."

Dimentio chuckled a little, smiling and leaning into Mr.L.

"A world where parents never leave their child. A world where friends don't have to say goodbye. A world where no curses can turn your life upside down. A world where no one CARES if you look like a freak!" Dimentio exclaimed, tears dotting his eyes.

He took a deep breath and pulled back, looking up into Mr.L's eyes.

"The way you look at me right now. The way you're holding me... The way you're caring about me..." Dimentio paused, "This is something I've wanted for the longest time, and there are so many others who had never gotten the chance in their lives to feel like this..."

He shook his head with a frown.

"And that's just cruel," Dimentio stated.

Mr.L sighed with a small smile.