Chapter Sixty Eight

Weeks have passed by and I have had to fight hard not to reach out and talk to him or really anyone about him. "So when do you want to talk about the elephant in the room?" my aunt asks handing me a vase I made when she was into ceramics. 

"What elephant?"

Placing her hand on her round hip placing her other hand on her round belly, "Jade don't play you know what I'm talking about."

"Ginger or Maira's situation."

Rolling her eyes at me, "Jade."

"I don't want to talk about it auntie."

"You need to it isn't going to fix itself buried inside of you."

"So what I just go to their grave and tell them what?"

"How you're feeling cupcake you know you need to do this." placing a hand on my arm to stop me from closing the last box, "Jade its now or never you have to let go you have to unburden your soul and then you can go and tell the man you love all about it."

Sighing I look at her, "Is that what you did?"

"Yes, I did the week after you went to college everything I felt came bubbling out and I surprisingly felt lighter." 

"Hmm." 

"If you want we could drive you there tomorrow morning."

Nodding my head, "Okay it's the last night for me to be here anyway might as well do something other than eat, sleep, and." my phone rings cutting me off my sentence looking at it I see its Ginger. 

"Answer your call we will take you tomorrow morning so be ready."

"Okay." I say answering my phone, "Hey girl what's up?"

"Nothing just calling to see how the therapy homework went."

"I actually haven't done that just yet my aunt is forcing me to do it tomorrow morning."

"Good." is all she says.

"Do you have something else to say."

A hear a deep voice on the other side, "Are you okay? Are you in danger?"

"No, it Mike his with me." taking in a deep breath, "I didn't want to say anything but its important that you know Caden and Lorenzo's fight have been moved up."

"Meaning?"

"They are going to be fighting tonight instead of when classes come back."

"What happened Gin what changed?"

"Lorenzo got in Caden's face at some other fight Caden punched him in his face and Lorenzo demanded that they fight tonight." 

"Oh."

"Is that all you have to say is oh your man is about to fight a crazy person tonight and he is in no shape to do so."

Pinching my eyes closed, "Gin his not mine at least not anymore if he accepted then he made his choice."

"Jade."

"I don't think you should inform me about him anymore."

"You're really giving up on him just like that." Mike voice booms across the speaker. 

"I'm not giving up." taking a breath I try to find the words, "I'm just trying to take the advice you all gave me and put myself first remember I cant save him when I haven't even saved me."

"We know but we also wanted you to know so when you comeback if you so happen to see him."

"I know Gin thank you guys I'm going to go now I have one more box to load and I will see you guys soon." Hanging up the phone I clutch it to my chest battling  with myself on rather I should text him or not. No longer being able to sit in the quiet house with my thoughts I rush out letting my aunt know I was going for a walk. She calls out reminding me to take a rain jacket as it was supposed to rain soon. Grabbing that and an umbrella I leave and walk the quiet streets for miles passing my old house. I stare at the windows remembering all of the good times I shared with my parents and all of the horrible ones after they were gone. I stood staring at my bedroom window for at least an hour feeling the rain coming down I head back to my aunt's old place even heavier than I was before. Passing the neighborhood park I deiced to sit in one of the swings. How did so many things go wrong in such a short amount of time?