Chapter Thirty

"I don't think you messed up as much as you think you did." Maria tells me. 

"Yeah." Ginger chimes in, "sounds like his feelings were hurt but I'm sure if you stuck around he would have gotten over it."

"He did something nice for me and I shit all over it with these high expectations. I doubt he wanted me to stick around."

Giving each other a look they look back at me, "What?" I ask them.

"We were planning on going to a party but we can have a cheer up girls night instead." Ginger informs me. "I'll get the ice cream and order the food." Maria says.

"You two look fantastic go out and enjoy the party whoever's party it is and have a great night."

Folding her arms she give me her best mom look, "We are not leaving you here to overthink and cry." Ginger says.

"Okay well how about this you two go out and if I feel myself overthinking I will take an Uber and met you guys at Tom's party."

They share a look again, "Stopping doing that it's the best option and you know it."

"Fine I am texting you the address right now and if you make it let us no if you're going to bed let us know so we're not worried." The mother hen snaps. 

"I will have fun." waving them out the door I go into my room and lay down. Thinking over today we had so much fun and then I had to ruin it. You're so stupid you should have kept your mouth shut no one really wants honesty. This is why guys never want to ask you out you are ridiculous. No man is ever going to love you. What is wrong with me? It was probably a petty date anyway. He is just using you to get closer to your fiends. She has hotter friends anyway. So many memories so many different guys voices overlapping the other. Getting up I look over my text Ginger sent and order an Uber to get to party. Seeing I have fifteen minutes I wash my face and blow my nose trying to center myself. Letting them know I am on my way I leave my apartment determined to get drunk so I can stop thinking so much. Reaching the party I was bum rushed by my two best friends. "You made it." they both cheered giving me a hug. Hugging them back I look around there are a lot of people here. "So what's everyone drinking?" taking my hand they lead me towards the kitchen grabbing me a beer I grab another one. Ginger stares at me for a second, "Two of them?" 

"Yeah I just wanna not think."

Cautiously eyeing me, "Be careful okay. Keep where we can see you."

"Always!" I shout over the music finding myself a good spot outside in the backyard grass drinking my beers watching people dance remembering the last time I did this. After four beers I am drunk I never could hold my liquor. My bladder is making itself known getting up to find a bathroom, "Hey girl with the fat ass in gray sweats." I hear some douche bag yell at me ignoring him I stumble my way through the crowd of people in the living room slash dance floor.  Spotting Maria I shout out that I am going to the bathroom. Making it through I find a bathroom after opening three wrong doors the first to were very occupied. After doing my business some random guy grabs me from behind plastering himself all over me. "Get off me." I shout. 

"Why did you ignore me calling you?" the douche asks. "I'm trynna see how that thang moves outside of these sweats."

"Get off of me." I try shoving but he grabs me in some sort of bear hug squeezing me not letting me go. At one point I feel like I can't breathe his too close and there are way too many bodies. He starts moving me taking somewhere unknown. Vaguely in my drunken brain I remember Caden's words "If a guy ever grabs you and has no intention of releasing you head butt him as hard as you can in his nose and use your good leg to give him a good knee in his balls. Don't stick around either get your ass out of there. " Taking in a deep breath I do what he says and am instantly dropped my brain is rattled and doesn't care for all of this movement. Holding his bleeding nose and crouch, "You fucking bitch!" he squeals at me. I've got to get out of here I think scrambling as quickly as I can I rush up using the wall as leverage. Limping away until I am grabbed again this time from behind. "Bitches like you need to be taught a lesson."

"Get off of me. Let me go." I demand struggling once again.

"She said let her go." Caden's voice booms across the room.Causing the music to stop and people to look at us. Dropping me he faces a very pissed off Caden I never saw him like that in my time of knowing him. He didn't even have that anger when he fought in his match. "Oh look its beast. Here to save another damsel?" he mocks. Flinching at that I am brought back to the memories of him saving me the first time. Who am I kidding his  constantly on superman mode around me lately. Not waisting a second Caden rush him tackling him to the ground beating his ass.  Hearing a snap and a high pitched squeal from the creep his movements and struggles slowly start coming to a stop. But Caden is still going in this is full on rage. His going to kill him I think and no one's going to stop him. 

"Caden." I call but am ignored. Wincing as I get up I grab for him, "Caden please stop his had enough."  Out of no where someone tackles Caden down yelling at him to calm down and my two friends come and take me away from the scene dragging me to the bathroom. "I am not leaving him here by himself." I tell them. "What the hell happened?" Ginger questions.

"I went to the restroom and some random wouldn't let me go." 

" I told you to tell us where you went and to be careful."

"Are you saying this is my fault? I didn't even know he was there."

Crossing her arms she folds into herself softly she says, "No, I am not blaming you it's just college parties are a high risk for us. Guys just blame everything on being drunk. Getting  nothing but a slap on the wrist for it if that. That is why it's important for us to know where we are. To be in line of vision of each other so we have a higher chance of protecting the other." 

She sounded like she was speaking from experience. "Did that happen to you Ginger?" I tentatively ask.

"No, but it's happened to so many women on this campus and I refuse to see or hear it happened to one of us." determination clung to each word.

 Putting my head down, "I am so sorry guys I just wanted so badly to forget about my ruined date that I messed up your fun night. Next time I feel like getting drunk I'll just get some bottles of wine and drink at home." 

"You didn't ruin anything the asshole who doesn't take no for an answer did." Maira tells me. 

Nodding my head, "Well I think it's time I went to go check on Caden." Reaching for the door knob I open it. Placing her hand on my shoulder Ginger asks, "Did he bite you why do you have blood on your hoodie?"

"It's not mine I head butted him and he grabbed me from behind as I was escaping."

Nodding her head thoughtfully, "It's better if we go home now the police have probably already been called and we need to get out of here."

"Okay." taking out my phone I see messages from Caden only focusing on the last one. Police were called had to go I'll see you at your place we need to talk. 

Replying back that we were on our way. "Let's go."