Chapter Fifty Six

"We are here." I sing song to Caden bouncing in my seat with so much energy. Maybe the window seat wasn't so bad I woke up earlier than he did and that gave me a chance to see the amazingness of the water and the land as we made our towards the island. The water was just so beautiful a crystal clear blue, there were a few white, fluffy clouds in the sky above the mostly green area. Even though the buildings were small from where we were. It almost seemed as if the natives had taken the land into consideration especially since there was just as much greenery as there were buildings. I wonder what building we would be staying in. Everything seems so beautiful no wonder my aunt decided to stay here longer. 

"Thats great sweetheart wake me when we have officially landed." he grumbles out.

"Okay." I say looking back out in awe at all the beautiful things I was seeing. We were officially here and I was going to enjoy two whole weeks with my aunt in a place that many dream of coming to but never make the time. As we were landing the stewardess walks down the aisle telling people to get ready and helping the older and younger ones to left their seats. "Caden wake up we're getting ready to land." 

"Okay." he grumbles out rubbing the sleep out of his eyes and moving his seat up.

"You can you believe it in just a few minutes you're going to meet my aunt and I am finally going to able to see her."

"It's all very exciting sweetheart." he tells me kissing my forehead. Once we land Caden gets up as quickly as he can and grabs our bags once we land we make our way out of the plane and onto the ground that I missed so much even though it was only for eleven hours.

Grabbing our luggage at baggage claim I say a quick thank you since all our luggage was there and accounted for. Unlike two other passengers who didn't make it. After getting everything we had together we both take a restroom break and meet at the vending machines. My aunt called me as soon as we landed informing me that she wasn't going to be able to pick us up but she would meet us at the resort for dinner. "So how are we getting to our resort?" Caden asks me.

Texting Ginger and Maria that we had made it safely despite the terrifying turbulence, "She says she has a driver for us so we just need to look out for our names." 

"Alright." he says shouldering and carrying majority of he luggage onto the escalator.

"Babe I can help with that I only have our carry on's anyway." 

Smiling up at me, "Im fine." looking around, "there's our ride." getting off the escalator first with me following closely behind him.

"I really can help you. You know that, right?"

"I know but I got it so let's go get ready to meet your aunt and get settled." 

"Since we are not meeting her until later I think we should have that talk."

"What talk?"

Raising my eyebrows at him, "The talk of why you didn't do your project? Of why you basically failed the final."

"Nothing to talk about already had that talk with Professor B so it's all good." 

"Aloha are you Jade?" the driver asks cutting me off from barraging Caden.

"Hi, yes that's me."

"Great if you two will follow me." looking at Caden, "Can I get your bags sir?"

"Yes." Caden says handing him our bags and taking the carry on's from me. Following behind them arms folded biting the inside of my lips as they talked about the activities we could try and about how amazing the resort was that we picked. As the driver was placing our bags in the trunk I get in the car as Caden gets in I turn to blast him with more questions but he kisses me instead clouding my mind. "Let's not turn a really great vacation with problems back home." 

To dazed to disagree I place a trembling hand over my lips and nod my head eyes wide. "Oh young love." The driver says causing me too get flustered and look out at the window making Caden laugh throwing his head back on the head rest. "This is so embarrassing." I groan out.

"Love is never embarrassing." the driver says letting me know he hears me, "Love should be embraced it should be celebrated especially when it's young people everything is so fresh, new, and exciting when you're young and everything seems like it goes on forever." I nod my head at this and think is this the sign I need to push me to tell Caden of my new found feelings. My thoughts are forced to be cleared when he slides his hand into mine and gives it a squeeze.

Reaching our resort I am shocked to see its actually a house. This is not the picture my aunt sent me. Making my way towards the door to knock and see if we got the directions wrong a man quickly opens the door with my very pregnant aunt behind him. Looking like an angel in her flowing white dress, topaz head band, bangles on her arm, and two braids that reaches the crevice in her elbow. "Aloha you must be Jade." he exclaims his voice booming across the yard hugging me off my feet. 

"Put my niece down its my turn." she swats at the man with a kitchen towel my eyes widen at the big rock on her finger,  Speechless I hug her, "where is this Caden I have been hearing so much about?"

"His grabbing our bags." I tell her snapping out go my shock, "in fact I should actually go help him." running to the car he and the driver are getting each others information before he leaves. Walking up slowly behind Caden I come to a slow stop not knowing how to feel my aunt is married and pregnant. She has a whole new life and I am not in it. "Hey sweetheart?" 

At the look on my face he drops the bags rushing over to where I stood, "What's wrong?"

"We are at my aunts house and she is pregnant and married and is acting like this is any old visit and I don't know what is happening." I tell him so fast in one breath I am not sure he caught all of it. 

"Stay here I'm going to take our bags inside and meet you back here."

"Okay." I whisper out my throat burned with the desire to scream. What the fuck is going on?