Chapter Thirty Two

It's been two months since I heard from him. I only briefly saw him in class we don't sit next to each other anymore and his always the first one out. Sadly he even asked our professor if he could do the project officially on his own. How I found out was through her emailing me to inform me that we would each have two separate parts of the whole so people didn't have to hear about it twice. I dug into my school work and am way ahead in my reading in models. I know my friends  heard us arguing that night and I know they agree with him as well. Ginger told me to go after him and Maria told me to get over myself and fight for him if I truly want him. But I can't fight for someone who deserves way better then someone so broken and insecure. Sitting down after returning my books I look over my last notes getting up I go to grab the last two books I need to finish off my part of the project. I feel my phone vibrate looking at I see its my aunt sending me information about my plane ticket to Hawaii and when it should be arriving.

Texting her back I let her know I am looking forward to it. Now that I was free of being broken my regular activities could commence. Though Maria and Ginger had their own family plans for the holidays I couldn't wait to see my aunt and meet her new boo. Grabbing my two books I head to check out not paying attention to where I was going.Looking at  the pictures my aunt sent me  of the villa she booked for me I bump into someone. Looking up to apologize I freeze clutching my phone I hold my breath. It's been so long since we were face to face he now had a scar on his cheek and his eyes had dark bags under them. Was he not sleeping? Snapping myself out of my trance I bend down picking up my books I give a quick apology and dart off. The whole time he says and does nothing. That night I think about him and toss and turn the look in his eyes held no emotion. Did I break him the way Lorenzo broke me? 

Sighing I get up not being able to find any sleep. Seeing Ginger studying for her final, "Hey." I greet her making myself some tea.

"Hey." after highlighting a few more paragraphs she stops and stretches, "What are you doing up so late?"

"I saw Caden today."

"Did you speak to him?"

"No, I accidentally bumped into him and I apologized to him for it."

"But?"

"But the look in his eyes and on his face haunts me. He doesn't seem like his gotten any sleep and he has a new scar on his face." pouring the hot water over my teabag, "I guess I am still concerned for his health."

"Well I know his concerned about yours."

"What do you mean?"

"He has been asking about you every day making sure you ate and when you went to physical therapy after you got your cast removed. He has kept tabs on you through us the past few months."

Shocked I stand holding my cup, "What? Why didn't you say anything?"

"Because you banned us from even saying his name."

Nodding my head, "I miss him Gin I miss him a lot but I know he deserves better than me and I can't. I can't continue to be selfish, right? I mean its a good thing I let him go."

"Good for him or easier for you?"

Shrugging, "At this point I have no clue."

Looking me over she, "You remember when our pipes busted in the kitchen flooding the carpet in the living room and you panicked." 

Smiling softly I play with my tea bag, "Yeah I remember."

After taking a shower one morning I went to get some water to take my medicine. Walking in there was nothing but water under my feet. Panicking since I was home alone Ginger had a date night there was no telling what time she would be coming back. The whole thing was flooded as if he knew something was wrong Caden came by knocking on the door rushing to open it I clutch my towel to my body. "What happened in here sweetheart." he asks moving past me towards the source of where the water is coming from. Getting down he starts looking at the pipes searching for tools. 

"I have no idea I came out of my shower and went to get some water to take my medicine. I come in and the ground is like this." shaking my head, "Wait why am I explaining this to you? Why are you always around?"

Shrugging his shoulders he continues to work on our sink. Frustratedly I wave my hand at him, "You know I could call the repair man to fix this, right?"

"It's being fixed now." was his curt reply.

Rolling my eyes at him, "Whatever I'm going to get dressed I'll be right back."

Smiling at the memory. "He has always been there for me rather I wanted him here or not."

"I know, remember when got the flu?"

"How could I forget?"

Laying in bed with my foot propped up a Vicks humidifier next to me on my night stand. Taking care of myself is such a hassle but luckily Maria made me some soup I just have to heat up on the stove. Taking a nap I wake up to an annoyed Caden touching my forehead. 

Swatting his hand away, "What are you doing?" I rasp out.

"You're sick sweetheart why didn't you tell me."

"Because you didn't need to know."

Shoving a themometer in my mouth to take my temperature he waits for it to beep. "One hundred and three point two. Shit we need to get your fever down now." 

"I'm fine I just need to take some medicine." I say having coughing  fit afterwards. 

"I'll be right back." Getting up he leaves coming back with a towel and a large bowl of ice water. "What do you think you're doing with that bowl Caden." Placing the face towel in the bowl he soaks it with the cold water. Ringing it out he places it on my forehead. Hissing at the contact I move away from him but he doesn't let up. Soon It actually starts to feel good using my minute of bliss as a distraction he pulls on the blanket. Snatching it back up, "What is your problem I am freezing."

Rolling his eyes he takes ahold of the blanket playing tug of war with me. Frustratedly he sighs, "Your temp is to high and I am not leaving so either release the blanket or I'm picking your ass up and throwing you and everything you have on in a nice cold shower. Or would you prefer an ice bath?" quirking an eyebrow he waits. 

"But Caden." I try to appeal to him.

"No pick one Jade now?"

Narrowing my eyes at him, "You're so bossy I swear." Getting nothing but icy silence, "Ugh, fucking fine Caden" I release my hold, "but you better hurry up or I swear to god I will-"

"You will what? You're to weak to do anything right now so be quiet and brace yourself." he says holding up the towel going up my hands, arms, feet, and legs. 

"I hate you." I mumble through a hiss as the cold water makes contact with my skin. Making me want to run but it soon soothes me. I become more and more lethargic as he continues. "Yeah, yeah. But you'll feel better so hush."

Snapping myself from my memory. "You think I made a big mistake don't you."

"Not just me Maria does too. I know you don't think you deserve him but no one is more deserving of that kinda of love than you." Going back to her studying. I put honey in my tea and go to my bed. I have to fight for him tomorrow after class I will demand that he speak with me. Finishing my tea I go to bed thinking of a game plan for tomorrow.