Chapter Eighteen

Once we reach his room I take in how huge it is inside. There were was only two chairs and two old men occupied them. He left us to go somewhere to change and I stood off in the farthest corner of the room. Once he came back watching him get into his boxer mode was intense. It seemed like all the rage he ever felt was released and he was going to use it all to destroy his opponent. He had one minute left before he had to go out there and I was terrified so terrified that I had to go and use the restroom. "Excuse me but where are the restrooms here?" Pausing from throwing punches in the air he turns to me with a quickness his obsidian eyes void of any emotion shaking his head he closes his eyes taking in deep breaths. "Give me a minute and I'll take you." Leaning against the brick wall he seems to try and come back to reality. His statement seemed to shock everyone as his friends and a few other older men stopped talking and look at me with curiosity.  

Not knowing what to do but needing the eyes off of me I find my friends still chatting it up with some bouncer guys who frisked us earlier in the far corner,  "You literally don't have time to." glancing back at them, "I'll just take Maria and Ginger with me and we will all meet you out there." 

Shaking his head again with his eyes closed, "That won't work sweetheart you don't know where you're going." 

Opening my mouth to inform him I can figure it out I was interrupted by blondie. "Hey Beast there is a huge as fuck crowd out tonight just waiting for you to go out there." Holding the door open so we all could hear the crowd chanting his fighters name. 

Moving closer to him I placed my hands on his gloved ones, "You've got to go out there C- I mean Beast me and my friends will be fine." Opening his eyes at me I try and give him a reassuring smile. "I'll have one of the bouncers take you there and back." After calling over the bouncer that Maria was all over only two seconds ago to escort us. As we both made our departure from this room without turning around to look at me, "Don't take too long I'm not starting anything until you're there." 

Reaching the restrooms Ginger and Maria were both on me like white on rice. "Dude he is so into you and sweetheart? he calls you sweetheart? Ahhh that's so fucking nice." Maria exclaims.

"Girl I just can't believe he was like I'm not starting without you there." Ginger says smiling so big I could see her molars. 

"Did you see how he was trying to calm himself down just take her ass to the restroom though?" Maria asks. 

Rolling my eyes at them both, "He was just being nice guys but I've gotta go so move out the way." 

"She's gonna fall for him soon, huh?" Maria asks as they make their exit.

"Its only a matter of time." Ginger replies to her.

Sighing, I quietly reply, "I hope not I can't afford another situationship."

After using the restroom I came out feeling more nervous then ever. "You ready to go ma'am?" the bouncer asks.

"Yes, please lead the way." Stepping into the arena Maria, Ginger, and I are placed in the front near Caden's side. Smirking once he see's me he shouts at the referee that his ready. Soon after that a girl with dark brown hair, hazel eyes, and enormous breasts comes out in the skimpiest, latex purple outfit I ever seen. Prancing around the makeshift ring they created with a sign letting us all know that this was the first match. I guess that's how they keep the male customers coming back once the bell rang I was sitting on the edge of my seat nervous, intrigued, but mainly scared. The guy he was up against looked way too big in height and weight. He was at least two inches taller and had more weight on him. He was damn near a linebacker. How was Caden supposed to take that down?  Gripping my chair I didn't know what was going to happen as they tapped gloves I instantly wanted to vomit. This was not going to end well for Caden not with him going against the jolly green giants twin brother.

 Closing my eyes as he took the first swing I heard him grunt and the glove made contact with skin. "He can handle himself they don't call him beast for nothing." a guy I never seen before states. I didn't even realize I was sitting next to a young version of Idris Elba his locs were shoulder length and he had on shades. Who wears shades inside a building? "How exactly do you now Beast?" Doing my best to ignore the sounds of grunts, hits, and a gasps from the crowd.

"His a long time friend and I've seen him up against worse his got this." soon after he says that I hear a count down to ten. Looking over I see a Caden raising his arm in the air getting ready to claim his victory until the referee gets to three and the giant gets back up. Turning back to face him they each go into their corners. Caden's body doesn't look so good he looks like he took a few hits to his right rib cage with the way his griping it I would say they're either bruised or broken. Sitting in his sit I have this overwhelming need to go and check on him but I also can't seem to even get the courage to leave my sit. "His fine trust me his had worse." came a voice that seemed so distant.

I had stopped listening to everything and focused completely on Caden was he going to be okay.  Watching him swish water in his mouth and spit in some bucket I saw blood at this point I couldn't stop myself if I wanted to. Getting up I made my way towards him the bouncer that had pretty much been stationed with us stops me before I can get to close. "Ma'am you're not allowed in the ring." 

Ignoring his words I attempt to move around his body, "I just need to know if his okay."

"I can assure you ma'am his fine." 

"How do you know?" without realizing it I had drawn attention to myself and a lot of people were starring at me. 

Looking around the bouncer I see Caden pointing to himself and then giving me a thumbs up letting me know he was good. Letting go of a breathe I didn't realize I was holding I let him lead me back to my seat. "You're in love with him aren't you?" Ginger whispers to me.

"No, of course not this stuff is just intense I wasn't expecting it to be this way is all."

"You know the more you deny it the more it's likely to happen." she sings.

Narrowing my eyes at her, "He is just a friend and will continue to remain so."

"Friend? I thought he was a good acquaintance?" fringing a gasp, "when did he become your friend?"

Rolling my eyes at her the snarky comeback I had for her was cut off when the second bell rung with Ms.Purple once again shimmying around stage with a new sign. They once again got up and  started circling each other again both of them holding certain areas. Taking a wild swing at Caden the giant missed as Caden dodged it. This continued for a a few moments Caden dodging the widely thrown hits as soon as he did the last one Caden went in doing a bunch of hits to his upper torso. Backing him into the ropes he kept him there for a while before being pulled off of him. He was definitely going to feel that in the morning. They fought some more until they were each called to take some sort of break doing the same things. The third round was announced by this time I was getting antsy abut who was going to win my leg started to bounce uncontrollably. Coming back at each other once again the giant more upset and full of rage then before was starting to become sloppy in his technique. But the wild punch he throw this time caught Caden in his face leaving blood behind. The hit didn't seem to deter Caden at all but he fought more aggressively. Bouncing on the balls of his feet he took the giant by surprise as he came back with three quick punches to his face knocking his head left too right. Taking a few steps back the giant fell and this time once the countdown was done he didn't get back up. 

Cheers filled the space as Caden's arm was raised he knocked out the giant and a scream of joy came out of my face. He won the match he did it people start to crowd the makeshift ring and jump on to congratulate him. I stood back watching it all this was so terrifying but so very exciting looking over at my friends they too are screaming with joy. Suddenly once was joy was filled with fear after a warning signal was sent that cops were here. Everyone rushed out after that Caden barreled through people heading towards me. Once he got to me he threw me over his shoulder and ran back the way we came towards his truck. "Shows over sweetheart we gotta get the fuck outta here."