Chapter Five

I was able to get everything else in to my planner and color code what needed to be color coded. I made a schedule and plan for myself for the next three weeks based off the study material I needed for upcoming quizzes, tests, and exams. Yawing I stretched my body noting every ache and pain as I did so. I had been sitting down for at least four more hours it was way past dinner time. Checking my phone since I put it on do not disturb. I see fifteen texts from Maria good god what did she think was happening?  This time she asked if I was alive, had I died from an orgasm, why was the beast walking me around campus, more stalker videos of us just being humans, and lastly a demand to know everything in the morning after her party. I didn't want to deal with this whoever was taking videos needed to be stopped. Clearing her messages off my screen I decided to go ahead and clean up the mess I made before I made a sandwich took my meds and go to sleep. After everything was done I went and brushed my teeth and washed my face coming back in the living room I find Ginger glaring at me on the couch.

She was beautiful she was mixed with black and white her mother was Jamaican and her father was of Jewish decent. She had blemish free skin, pearly white teeth, deep dimples, and lashes that lasted for days. The girl was always put together I had never even seen her in a pair of sweats. Anytime we would all go out it was like I didn't exist. A lot of times I wondered if my dark skin, shortness, and curvy pear shape body was just not what guys were looking for. Compared to her and Maria's tall hourglass shaped bodies. But I know that's not true I know we are all beautiful in our own ways and the thought is not fair to myself or them for even comparing.

"So you are dating the hottest guy on campus and didn't say anything?" Raising a perfectly sculpted eyebrow at me.

"I'm not dating anyone" cocking an eyebrow at her I grab a bottle of water from the fridge and take my medicine out of my hoodie pocket, "and I'm confused on why everyone under the sun thinks we are?"

Sharing her shoulders, "Because he literally doesn't talk to anyone." tilting her head to the side in thought, "Yet his talking to you." 

"I mean he is human eventually his going to look for friends." I replied no one likes being alone forever though we ignore that need at times.  "So you're friends?" 

Shrugging, " I mean we don't dislike each other and his not the worst company I ever had."

A look of recognition was on her face, "Do you not know who he is?"

"Yeah,  he is Caden the most annoying man I ever in my life meet." Laughing at me she just shook her head. "Yeah but he seems so sweet on you."

I couldn't help but laugh at that. "Sweet? The guy is  anything but that annoying my life and getting under my skin to a point where I want to rip out a loc or two is more like it." Opening the bottle of pain meds taking two of them out I put them in my mouth chugging some water back.

"Don't be shocked if you fall in love." She sang at me. Almost causing me to spit out the water I had in my mouth. Quickly swallowing everything I glare over at her.

"Yeah, right sure I will fall I love with a crazy person." What is wrong with these people?

Shrugging her shoulders she stood up, "I am going out to that party Maria invited everyone too. I'll catch you later get some rest."

"I will try and be safe."

"Always." were her parting words as she sauntered out to find her prey for the night. Sighing I grabbed my laptop my new square pillow for my foot and limped towards my room. Placing my laptop down on my nigh stand and plugging it in for tomorrow. I went straight to my bed either I was really tired or the medicine worked wonders because after situating myself I passed out quick.

A banging sound at my door woke me up. Turning over I ignored it whoever it was would go away the people meant to be in this apartment had keys to it. But the persistent knocker would not go away. Ugh, What time is it? Looking at my alarm clock the time was four am. "No one is home." groaning out I rolled back over. But the knocker wouldn't stop knocking grumbling to my self I stumbled out of bed. Snatching the door open I was ready to give whoever it was hell. But Caden stood there with a split lip, swelling eye, and swollen knuckles. "What the hell happened to you?" ushering him in I made him sit on the couch. "Why are you here at four in the morning?"

"I brought you your book for class. I'm sorry I'm late I got held up." Holding out the book towards me as I was just going to grab it and dance around in joy. He comes here at four in the morning beat up and his apologizing to me over a book I said I would get later today. Had someone beat him silly? Starring at him I had no words. "Really, no thank you?" he wanted a thank you? Sighing when he got no response from me. While placing the book on the coffee table he stood up, "I gave you your book so I'm going to leave now." Leave?

"NO. No, you're not Caden what the hell? You come here at four in the morning looking like someone jumped you and I am just supposed to let you mossy your way out of here?" I am so confused, tired, and out of loss of words. Who in their right mind does this? "You will stay seated while I go and get my first aid kit." Towering over me he narrowed his eyes at me, "I'm fine." The dark growl came out menacing but I refused to take that idiotic answer.

We were clearly seeing two different things here. "No you're not sit your ass back down" when he ignored me I insisted even more, "Now." Cocking a brow at my outburst he sat back down. After making sure he was comfortable I left to go find my kit in my closet. He had to be the strangest man I ever met in my life. Grabbing it I rushed back into the living room placing gauze, alcohol wipes, Neosporin, and bandages where I could reach them. We sat quietly as I cleaned everything up and made notes of how deep things were to make sure no stitches would be needed. I worked as he starred neither of us saying anything once I was done with cleaning, wrapping, and bandaging everything. I went to get an ice pack for his eye and hands. "What happened to you?" I asked him placing the pack on his eye. He just sat there. Why wasn't he responding to me now. Did he have a concussion? Without thinking I straddled his lap gently picking up his head I examined it not seeing or feeling any lumps. I placed his head back down locking my eyes with his.

Why would someone do this? Tears started to sting in the back of my eyes and blinking away from him I tired not to let anything come out. My sniffling made his body stiffen underneath me placing his hands on my hips he urged me to look at him, "Hey, I'm fine." whispering the words he tired to reassure me. But at this point I had no clue if he was trying to convince me or himself. "How can you say that? Have you not looked at yourself since it happened?"

"I know I might not look like my usual handsome self" Rolling my eyes at his lame joke, " but trust me the other guy looks worse especially since I won." Brushing an escaped tear from under my eye. Annoyed with him I tried to get up but his hold on my hips was unbreakable. "You do this stuff often?" I demand his one good eye searched all over my face.

Sighing he closed his eye, "Well yeah I am a boxer." Trying to piece things together it finally made sense to me why he had crazy stalker fans and everyone wanted to know what we were doing. He was a professional athlete. "Okay. Ummm, well thank you for the book. " was my reply to this news. Fighting back a yawn I faill at hiding he smiled at me. Picking me up as I was he got up carrying me to my room. "Put me down. I'm to heavy for you to be carrying in your condition." Snorting at me and ignoring my struggles, "Lets get some sleep." Too tried and emotionally drained to fight him. I didn't even debate with him when he propers my foot up. Crawls into bed with me and cradled me in his arms. For the first time in a long time I felt weirdly cherished with how gentle he was with me. As I slowly went back to sleep I felt myself melt into his body.