Chapter Forty Three

"Here is your dessert and check." Handing it to Caden he looks between us,  "do you all need anything else?"

"I would like to use the ladies room."

Nodding his head, " It will be straight through those double doors to your left." 

"I'll be right back." I tell Caden. Getting to the restroom I relieve my bladder. Hearing the door open as two chatty women come in. 

"Can you believe who he came here with?" a bitchy voice states. 

"I can't like what was beast thinking parading that girl around?" a nasally voice chimes in. 

"I know I look way better than her." bitchy girl says 

Nasal voice snickers, "You most certainly do."

Humming bitchy voice parts with, "Let's have a little chat with him before he leaves." I sat on the toilet stunned who were this women? Finishing up I quickly wash my hands and head out almost bumping into a waiter. 

"Opp sorry." 

"Excuse me ma'am." Slowing down I take a breath and walk to our table like a lady. Reaching our table I see him typing on his phone but no one else around. Suspicion filling my body I slowly look around the room not seeing anyone starring at either one of us. Hmmmm maybe someone else has that as a nickname or something. That's not likely. Hearing my heels clack on the tiled floor he gets up grabbing our dessert. "You ready to go sweetheart?"

"Yeah." I say absentmindedly still trying to figure out if anything is out of place. 

"You okay." 

Snapping my eyes to his worried face, "No I'm fine lets go." plastering on a reassuring smile we make it out the door.

"You wanna take the scenic route back?" he asks.

Grabbing onto his forearm I lean into him, "I'd like that." Walking slowly to the truck we enjoy the beautiful scene of the lake. "This is so beautiful." I tell him looking out at the water, "like look out how this light make the darkness of the lake look like the stars in the sky." Looking up I smile. 

"It is more than beautiful it's pure magic." Looking over at him I see him looking right at me. Blushing I look away. 

Pulling his arm, "Let's keep going we are almost there." Not budging he grabs my free hand pulling me towards him. "You are pure magic sweetheart." not looking up I stare at our feet watching as his come closer until his body is pressed into mine. Tilting my head up he stares into my eyes bending to kiss me. 

"Hey Beast." bitchy bathroom girls voice calls out interrupting our moment. Closing his eyes in frustration he opens them placing a kiss on my forehead instead turning towards the intruding girl with me tucked into his side. 

Looking at her with cold eyes, "What is it Amy?" Getting a closer look at her I see a Victoria Secret model. Her long brown straight hair, dimples, white teeth, lanky figure, and heart shaped face. I felt inadequate. She did look better than I did she had exotic features and coloring. 

"I just came to say hi I saw you in there earlier." she says with a sickly sweet smile plastered on her face. Shooting daggers at me with her brown eyes. Rolling my eyes at her I look at Caden. 

"So why are you here now?"

"You left so quickly I-"

Putting her hand up he cuts her off while grabbing me by my waist, "I'm on a date so now is not the time." 

"A date?" she asks narrowing her eyes at me, "funny you never took me here when you dated me." He dated her? So that's her problem. 

"We never dated Amy" he is responds in a mono like tone, "my mom set us up in a pathetic attempt to get closer to your fathers empire."

"Oh really?" hearing her heels clicking on the cement, "so why does she call and text me all the time."

Shrugging, "You would have to ask her." 

Opening her mouth to say something she is cut off by a man screaming her name. "There you are babe. My parents are here are you ready?"

"Yeah, you remember beast right?" she asks pointing at Caden.

"Oh yeah, hey man I haven't seen you in awhile I almost didn't recognize you." placing his hand out to shake.  Not saying anything to him Caden just stares."Who is this woman?" he asks him trying to start a conversation. Reaching his hand out towards me Caden practically growls at him. Snapping his hand back, clearing his throat, "Well we've got to go Amy." 

"Yes, we do." leaving on a huff they both walk away.

"Who was that  ugly woman he was with?" I overhear. 

Hearing her hyena like laughter, "She was ugly wasn't she." Tears instantly sting the back of my eyes. Stiffing from head to toe Caden stands rigid with anger. "What the fuck did you just say?" he shouts at him. Looking back at us his face now white as a sheet. Releasing me Caden tries to rush towards him grabbing his waist I plaster myself on his back, "His not worth it." I whisper out. 

"Sweetheart."

"No, no fighting this is our date night and I won't allow him to ruin it." Even though the words fall from my mouth I don't fully believe them. 

"Sweetheart." he sighs trying to lose my hold.

Plastering myself closer tightening my hold I shake my head, "Caden, come on you're still recovering let's not do this and say we did."

"Fuck." I hear him murmur, " You." he points at the guy, " better apologize now or I will make you cry like a bitch later." relaxing his stance, "Or I could get both done now and call it a day." 

Eyes widening at his statement, "I am so so very sorry I was just joking around Beast."

"Not to me to her."

Leaning over to see me better, "I am sorry you thought you looked cute." he replies before dashing away as fast as he can.

Growling at his answer Caden tries to shoot away from me holding onto his shirt I plant my feet trying hard to keep him where he was, "Sweetheart let me go."

"No."

"Fucking fine." pausing he looks at me and sees the tears swimming in my eyes hugging me closer to him,  "I am going to fuck him up real nice when I see him again." 

"Let's just go okay." grabbing his hand I continue our walk towards his truck. Getting in with his assistance I buckle up and look at my phone and check the texts from my friends cheering everything on and wanting details when I got home.  

Placing his hand on my thigh, "Sweetheart none of what was said is true. You're the most beautiful woman inside and out you know that, right?" looking up I smile and lean over giving him a peck on his cheek. Sitting back I look out the window and wipe away a stray tear, "Thank you for saying that but I would like to go now."

"Where do you want to go?" he asks starring at the side of my face so intently I can feel his worry burning a whole in the side of my face. 

"Somewhere you haven't taken me where we can be alone."

Grabbing my hand he places kisses on the back of my hand in my palm, "Okay."