Chapter Fifty Nine

I see Robert's wide back at the kitchen stove. Clearing my throat I ask him where my aunt is.

"Oh she's in the back near the water she says it helps her to calm down."

"Thanks."

"I know I don't know you well but I don't want a repeat of yesterday night." he says in warning tone not turning to face me, "I can't have her stressed she's worried enough and I will not let you or anyone else cause harm to either one of them. So if you care like you say you do then keep their health in mind."

Nodding my head forgetting he couldn't see me I mumble out, "Yes sir."

"Thank you." he says. Leaving him to cook I head towards the deck they have out back. Rubbing my sweaty palms against my clammy skin I really should have put on pants. I walk slowly and calmly towards her seeing her in a similar outfit except todays dress is yellow with a green shawl. She looks so radiant it's almost blinding against the sun. I walk until I am standing next to her. We stand watching the waves in silence for five minutes I have no clue what I am going to say to her. 

"Are you staying or are you saying goodbye?" she asks breaking the silence.

"I'm staying." I tell her.

"Good." is all she says we watch the waves for a few more minutes my gut instinct to clear the air gnawing at me the entire time. Opening my mouth to speak she cuts me off, "You know I didn't think you would actually want to stay not after yesterday."

Sighing I stare at the side of her face, "I actually didn't but Robert convinced me to stay and work things out."

Smiling rubbing her bump, "My sweet sweet Robert." turning to face me, "so is he the only reason you're staying?"

"No." looking out at the ocean, " I figured why ruin one of the best vacations I'm probably going to have for awhile." looking back at her I see her sadly looking at her bump, "I mean this will be the last vacation I have of you to myself." snapping her head up at me tears glisten in her eyes.

"You mean that?" she asks anxiously. 

Smiling at her, "Yeah I mean that I wouldn't want to miss out on your next adventure in life just like you wouldn't miss out on any of mine."

"Oh you." bringing me in for a strong hug, "I'm so sorry I didn't tell you."

Pulling back from her, "I understood why you couldn't I'm not mad I never really was"shrugging, "I was more so."

"Hurt." we say at the same time.

"I know but Jade I never meant to hurt you and what I said yesterday I didn't mean. I just said it because you were leaving and I started to panic and I wanted you to stop" hissing in a breath, "I didn't want you to go contrary to what you believe I need you I always have and I always will." 

"I need you too but I also know a lot of these things would have happened way sooner for you if you didn't have to raise me and I've always felt like a burden because of it." wiping a tear from my face.

"You have carried this weight for so long but understand you being in my life has only made it that more richer in life and in love. Anything I was supposed to have in my life arrives on God's time not mine or yours." Grabbing my hands in hers she holds them, " I'm touched that you thought of that but nothing I had or didn't have in my life was because of you or me. Something bigger is always at play when it comes to that. I didn't take you to church for you to not know that."

Nodding my head, "I'm so sorry auntie your news was great and still is you're going to be an amazing mother and this is coming from your practice kid." I joke.

"No, this is coming from my first one I may not have given birth to you but you are mine Jade." smiling softly, "I have raised the most beautiful and thoughtful daughter I wonder what my next one will be like." hearing the words come off her lips and her smile being so wide and big I pull her into a longer hug sobbing into her shoulder. 

"Thank you."

"No need to thank me I mean it. I might not have raised you the first eleven years of your life but I was always there." 

"Food's ready." Robert shouts at us walking that way we link arms.

"I know auntie" smiling, "I love you."

"I love you more."

"I love you most."

"I love you to infinity and beyond." she shouts causing me to laugh. 

"You win."

"I always do" she winks at me, "now let's go eat."