Chapter 6

Clarke POV

*Flashback*

Ark, a year and 4 months ago

Alyson and I were closer than ever. It was weird for me to understand what I was feeling but how bad could it be? It felt so right to be with her, it felt so good!

We didn't tell anyone about our first kiss or any of the others that came after that. Things were good between us and I was happy.

"Clarke can you please hand me that deck of cards?" Alyson was teaching me some magic tricks and in return I was teaching her how to draw. I'm becoming really good at it! I handed her the deck and she showed me a trick she has been practicing. She had a card in her hand and then suddently it wasn't there. I thought it was amazing! She then proceded to explain it to me. And the excitment in her eyes was contageous. She has this amazing way to get to you without even saying a word, but when she talks, you just het mesmerized by the knowledge and strength her words and face show.

*********

Earth, present day

The girl in front of me is not the girl I've met inside the Arc a year and so ago. She was not more than a shadow of what she was. Her eyes were not shining and excited about what surrounded her, her smile was not there anymore, her optimism and excitment for life haçd dissapeared. She was talking and I could feel her pain and I missed the strong and exciting girl that made me question who I really was.

"She looked at me top to bottom with disgust in her eyes and I did the same thing. That got me a strong punch to the stomach. That was the first blow of many. I managed to not say anything. And then they brought the blades." She rolled up her right sleeve and I saw the scars. That must have been deep and painful! I could only look at them for a second because she started to caress them with her left index finger. "I don't even know how I managed not to scream. I really don't!" Tears started to roll dow her face and all I wanted to do was to clean all of them and hold her in a tight hug, but I knew she had to let all of that get off her chest. So I sitted next to her. Not too close so she won't feel mor uncomfortable. "They didn't get a word from me. And when I thought I was about to die, a huge guy came in and called Anya, the woman inside the room. He said something I didn't understand and everyone left. I was there, quite and bleeding out. I guess I black out because when I oppened my eyes I was inside a tent and my wounds had bandages on them." This freaked me out. Grounders have no mercy! If she didn't give them anything, why did they take care of her? "The woman walked in. She wanted me to become her second or something. She said it was impossible for me to be one of the sky people even though there was no way I was one of them either. Not yet. For the next weeks she trained me as any other 'grounder' as you want to call them. They took me in and made me feel needed. I've learned trigaslang, their traditions, their ways really fast. But I never forgot about you! I heard you exploded something, I've heard Murphy scream, I've heard everyone feared you. And one they I heard the Commander told everyone on Anya's unit to attack this place and I couldn't do it! So I managed to escape right before the attack started. I was about to come here and talk to you when I saw the flames. And heard footsteps coming from the forest. I saw the mountain man take you and I followed them as quietlyeas I could. And when I saw you going in the mountain I knew I had to get you out. So I turned to the commander. I though Anya was dead and I was so greatful she taught me how to look like a grounder. Because I would need that if I wanted to fool the great commander. She's really terrifying!" Yes, she can be!

"I managed to soften her about you... Us... About the Skycru as they call. That's why she agreed to talk to you when you escaped. Otherwise she would've killed you when you set foot inside their camp. Then the war came and I saw how you looked at her. And I understood that I couldn't stay there. If you told the commander who I was they would've killed me for treason. And Anya would've died in vain. Our army was huge! There was no way you would've seen me. And the commander was so mesmerized by you that she completely forgot about me." What? Lexa? Mesmerized by me? She couldn't! And if she did, why did she leave?

I guess Alyson read my mind because she looked me right in the eye and said: "You know she came back for you, right?"

---------------

Wow! This is a big one!
Please comment :)
Have a great day/night/afternoon!