Chapter 5

Clarke POV

"Alyson? Why are you here?" I was still surprised about this. I really thought she was dead. I didn't want to, even though she hurted me.

"I was one of the hundred, just like you." she said mindlessly.

"But you were not in Mount Weather or Camp Jaha... I thought I saw you but..."

"I know beautiful, but I couldn't stay here. The only reason they allowed me to be here is because I can fight and was just another crazy criminal they wanted to get rid of." Her words hit me like a stone. She has been here all along... She could have stopped me from falling for Finn. Things could have been so much easier!

"You were here when everything was happening and you did nothing? You let us go through hell and you did nothing!" I got up and almost lost my balance. Alyson tried to help but I was remembering all the times I felt alone and desperate while she was just watching.

"I coldn't" she said when I was about to leave.

"Why couldn't you? Were your hands and feet tied up? Was your mouth gagged?" I turned around because I didn't care about the answer.

"Yes" she whispered, I barely even heard it.

"What?" I looked her in the eyes while she avoided mine.

"The answer to those questions is yes" She turned her back to me.

I could believe that! "What happened?"

"I followed you to the lake and saw how Jasper was hit by the spear. When you ran I stayed there. He was alive, I saw him breathing. I didn't hear anything for a while so I tried to help him. That's when a woman smashed my head with a rock and I layed ther on the floor. Before I passed out I tried to reach to an unconscious Jasper but I guess I wasn't strong enough to do that." She whispered. I could barely hear what she was saying so I took two steps in her direction. That only scared her and she sat with her back on the wall and held her knees against her chest with her arms resting on them. Her eyes were filled with pain and anger. Her gaze lost on the wall in front of her. I've never seen anything like that!

"What happened next?" I asked slowly.

"I guess they took us to their camp. I had chains on my wrists ans ankles so I couldn't really move. I've heard them with Jasper... They didn't torture him because I didn't hear him scream. He must have been out the whole time. They took him away not too long after we got there. I lost track of time, they would give me enough food to survive. I guess they had other intentions for me... I've seen them torture one of their own men. He didn't even scream! I guess he wasn't supposed to." She would make a lot of pauses and I thankful for it because otherwise, I wouldn't be able to digest any of it. I wished it was over but she kept going. "And a while after they got the man out of the room they put me in his place. I knew what was coming and I was terrified. Then I remembered what you told me once 'no matter how hard things get, our real strength is shown by how we get over them'. So I put a mask on and looked at them in the eyes. There were two guys and all they did was look at me. I'm used to the silence so I didn't mind. They spoke some words in their language and laughed at me. I was so scared, Clarke! But your words kept playing in my head like one of those records I showed you. So I kept looking until a woman came in. It was the same woman the smashed my head with a rock. I guess she told the men to leave because in less than a two seconds we were alone. And that's when everything changed."

---------------

So what do you think? Is it any good? Should I continue? Please let me know :)