XXIII

November 27, 2005

5:36 p.m.

Miya condominium unit

What has gotten into you?

You were spacing out a lot, everything seemed to be turning blurry. It was just confusing. Even for Naoto.

Kisaki likes Hina. That's why he's after your brother. Are you bothered by that?

"Fuck!" You cursed, slapping your face with both hands as you dozed off again. Naoto flinched a bit while sitting next to you. "That's just nonsense!" You ranted.

Right now, you had to help Fumiko babysit her twin cousins for their visit. Boy does she have a lot of cousins. Luckily, they're asleep and Fumiko had to go outside. "Y/n, it's been like, 4 days since I informed you about Kisaki." Naoto sighed. "Have you not processed it yet?" He asked.

"No!" You denied. "Everything doesn't make sense! Why would he go out of his way to kill and commit crimes just for Hi... na." Suddenly, realization hit you.

Obsessive Yandere. Ew. The general cringed in a sassy tone.

'All Yandere's are obsessive, that's kinda their thing.' You deadpanned.

Oh... Yandere. Ew. He repeated.

"He's doing all of this on purpose. Targeting my brother. Putting Mikey's life in danger so he could be on top, that way... He can have your sister." You rambled. Naoto cringed at the thought of someone being obsessive of his sister. "So what's your plan?" Naoto asked, shuddering.

"It's clear he still likes Hina. I have to make sure he stops... To make that happen..." You shuddered at the first thought in your head. "I have to make him fall in love with... someone else." You cringed.

"What-?" Naoto looked at you in surprise. "I have to play cupid. I don't like this! It was already bad with my brother, now this?!" You cried. "I already hate seeing a couple being all lovey-dovey." You mocked, standing up as you folded your hands to your cheeks and batted your eyelashes. "But now, I have to be the cause why there's a new couple." You groaned, collapsing back to your seat on the couch.

Naoto only patted your back as you buried your face in your hands, groaning in frustration. "Well, if this stops him from obsessing my sister, then you know, I'll still help you." He offered. "But who will we make him fall in love with?"

"We could find some candidates in our school?'' You suggested. Suddenly the door opened with a struggling Fumiko, holding 3 bags of groceries. You rushed in to help her, which she happily declined, proving that she was capable. Until she fell and tripped.

Fumiko went to her room to get something of yours. She saved photos of her characters that you made so that she could give back the sketchbook. You insisted she kept it until she needed it but she gave it anyway.

It was nearly 6 in the evening, so you and Naoto decided to head home. As you were brainstorming some girls who would probably be a good match for Kisaki, you bumped into him on the way.

"Oh! What about Nanako! She'd be a good match for Kisa-" You were interrupted by Naoto as he pushed you lightly, his eyes directly looking at a tanned blonde. "Kisaki! What's up, man, dude, bro-" "Stop." Naoto interrupted. "Okay." You oblidged lowly.

Kisaki looked at you suspiciously, switching his gaze from you and Naoto repeatedly. "It's rather late, what are you two doing out?" He asked. "Cousin friend some babysit- I mean, friend some babycousin sit- AHHHH!" You stuttered, screaming in frustration. You cleared your throat before starting your sentence once again. "Babysitting our friend's cousin, haha." You informed nervously.

"Who's Nanako?" He brought up. "Oh, her?" You stalled. "Yes, Y/n, her." He deadpanned. On the other hand, Naoto fell silent. He couldn't seem to jump in the conversation with someone who killed you and his sister. And on top of that, being obsessive of his sister. Disgusting.

"Nanako is, uh, someone who we know... We really want her to be with our friend." You said. "Who?" Kisaki furthered. "None of your business." Naoto interrupted. "I see." Kisaki nodded. "It's just, it's a secret." You rubbed your hands in the cold breeze that flew through the three of you. "Sorry, Tetta-kun."

"There's no need to apologize." He assured. Your eyes trailed off to Naoto, wearing a light galre at the blond. "Well, we have to head home, so long bud." You waved, pushing Naoto from your spot. "See you again!" You yelled. The boy only huffed a chuckle before heading his own way home.

See ya never, Cornhead.

Naoto looked at you in disbelief as you picked your keys for your door. "What?" You looked up at him. "I can't believe you'd openly converse with a criminal! A criminal, Y/n!" He said. "I know, but how else will I help Takemichi? I know you don't trust him but at least trust ME!" You pleaded. He sighed without any more response, leaving you alone by your doorstep.

You stood there, in shock of his sudden action. Naoto was his own person, you didn't want him to just follow you around like a butler. But damn did it hurt for him to leave you alone without a word.

Stepping inside and taking off your coat, you groaned plopping your body to the couch. "Well, back to Solo." You sighed.

Yeah. "Trust ME" my ass. The general mocked.

"Shut up before I pry my head open with a bolt cutter and tear you apart limb by limb." You threatened, rubbing your forehead. "What?" You turned to see your brother on the door. Chifuyu, Baji and Kazutora beside him looking at you confusedly. You jolted up, surprised by the sudden guests. "Haha, heyyyy, Wazzupp Brooooo..." You snapped your fingers, pointing at him with figer guns. "Hey?"

"Didn't know you were aggressive, Y/n." Baji chuckled, taking a seat next to you. "Hey, you guys are all in Toman uniforms." You changed the topic. "Yeah, we're all in the First Division, baby!" Baji celebrated.

"Oh, so Michi's under your division?" You asked. Baji only chuckled. "Nope! I'm under his division!" He announced.

"I'm sorry. What?"

More debauchery. You might as well get paid to get involved in this.