XVI

"So..." Hanma said, a glint of tease in his tone as he took Naoto's seat. Placing his chin on both palms he looked at you with taunting eyes, his eyebrows wiggling. "He your boyfriend?" He asked, a smirk tugging his lips as his eyes shined at the view of you and your friend.

"What?! No! I literally grew up with him... Basically." You denied, your face flushed at his sudden accusation, "You know, they say when you deny, you do comply." He said. He sounds like a mom theorizing a child's crush.

"Who says that?" You asked offendedly. "No one in those exact words, I just really wanted it to rhyme." He shrugged. "The point is, I'm right about him being your boyfriend." You shook your head.

"I do not like Naoto that way." You said firmly, crossing your arms. "Hmm sure." He hummed. "Anyways, I heard your brother's a part of a gang now!" he clapped enthusiastically. "Huh? How'd you know?" You asked. "Delinquent news, duh." He rolled his eyes, his tone sounding like a high-school girl know-it-all.

"That doesn't exist." You glared. "Oh yes it does, you don't know cause you're not a delinquent." He said confidently. "Yeah right." You muttered. Speaking of delinquents, Hanma hasmentioned he's an ally to Kisaki, maybe this is your chance to ask him.

"Hey, by the way, how long have you been acquainted with Tetta-kun?" You asked. He hummed in curiosity as he raised his eyebrow, side-eyeing you. "Wouldn't you like to know?" He taunted. "I.. I do want to know?" You retorted.

"You tryin' to outsmart me?" He asked, still seemingly teasing you. "What makes you think I'm not succeeding?" You replied, with the same tone he used. He sighed defeated, raising his arms in surrender sloppily.

"Alright, alright. What was the question?" He asked, plopping his chin on one of his palms and his other hand tracing the lines of the wooden table with his finger. "How long have you been acquainted with Tetta?" He hummed, lost in thought as you waited in anticipation.

"Ah well, not long before Draken almost died." He smiled sinisterly. "To be honest, I don't know how Tinker Bell-" You cut him off. "Tinker Bell?" You repeated in confusion. "Cause he's blonde!" He laughed, slapping the table as his laughter howled throughout the park earning stares from others.

"You're so corny, I'm embarrassed." You cringed as you scrunched your nose, the wrinkles on your forehead and nose bridge increasing as he kept laughing every second. "Stop." You called, trying to avoid the eyes on both of you.

He wiped away a tear forming in his eye, clutching his stomach as he breathed heavily trying to regain composure. "Okay, okay, but seriously..." He sighed one last time before looking at you seriously.

"Why do you need to know about Kisaki?" He asked you, coldly staring into you as if he was going to suck your soul into an abyss where he probably keeps. You were getting nervous as he held his stare. But you remained unphased despite his clear suspicions.

Stay Calm. The gentle female advised.

Don't react. The lieutenant added.

Don't let him get to you. The general said firmly.

"Well-" You tried explaining before he curled his hand to a fist and slammed it on the table. "Don't lie to me, Hanagaki." He firmly said, standing up and looking down at you.

Remain Composed. Don't show fear. A deep voice added. Yet another unknown one you've yet to meet.

"Wha- What do you mean?" You asked, cold sweat trickling down the back of your neck. "You have a crush on Kisaki!" He exclaimed excitedly, clapping, sitting back down with a smug look.

"What?!" You exclaimed

What did he say? The voices pondered, seemingly confused as you are.

"Oh Y/n-chan's inlove~ love, love love, inlove~" he sang, forming hearts with his hands, arms and fingers in every way possible. "Am not!" You denied, embarrased of his accusation. "Ooooh, wait 'til Kisaki finds out, he'll be delighted." Hanma imagined, giggling, teasing you.

"Where are you going?!" You asked, panicking about your situation which is clearly not true, Hanma only snickered, skipping as he continued to sing about love. "See you next time, Y/n-chan~"

"No. No no no no no... Noooooo." You muttered, shaking your head.

He's sneaky. A voice snickered.

'Not now.'

What's so bad about it? At least it's not actually true. The general asked.

"He'll start being assuming.'' You groaned outloud.

Assume or Smitten. That would be the question. The lieutenant teased

'What was that?'

I'm trying to be poetic! He answered offended by you.

'Oh well, I'm sure Shakespeare's shaking in his grave right now. Or maybe Gaston Leroux.' You complimented sarcastically.

Thank you. The lieutenant accepted, seemingly taking it seriously.

You groaned in stress. You hadn't got a lot of information plus Hanma thinks you like Mr. Corncob. You buried your head in your arms, laid on the table. "Hanagaki-san?" You looked up to see a familiar tanned boy.

"Hello." You greeted quickly, heading back to mopping. You felt the seat move, looking up to Kisaki taking the seat infront you.

3 people simultaneously coming to interact. Your social battery couldn't seem to take anymore. "Are you alright?" He asked, empathetically looking at you. You raised your thumb still not looking at him.

"Well, here." Plastic seemed to shuffle as he gently put a can of soda infront of you. You raised your head a bit, enough to see it but still rested on your arms. "Thanks..." You took the can, opening it and slowly drinking the contents.

"I heard you're a part of Toman now." You said, playing with the top of the can. "Oh, yeah, 3rd division captain." He said proudly. You would've thought it's quite adorable how he showed pride about it if it weren't for the crimes.

"That's a big responsibility." You commented. "It is, but I'll manage." He retorted. "Well, nothing less expected." You chuckled. He seemed to soften as he looked at you. You decided to turn in for the day, having to learn about the voices, hanging out with Hanma and ending it with your interaction with your own murderer seems as tiring as it sounds.

"I should go, Thanks, Kisaki-kun." You said, standing up, still having the can in your hands.

"Tetta." He spoke up. "Huh?"

"Tetta. You can call me, Tetta." He said. "Oh, uh, sure... Tetta-kun." You contemplated. "Then, call me Y/n." You offered. He smiled before he stood up as well waving goodbye.

I was right! The lieutenant cheered as you looked at Kisaki, slowly distancing from you.

Assuming or Smitten. Which is the fitting reaction?