XIX

October 31, 2005
10:00 a.m.
Hanagaki Residence

"Are you sure you can handle it?" You asked your brother, straightening his uniform. "I have to." He laughed nervously making you look at him skeptically. "I'll have an ambulance ready." You reminded. "I'll be fine!" He defended. You raised an eyebrow making him sigh. "Thank you."

As he left, you decided to pack up your essentials.

Baji

Blood

Help

"I know, I know." You grumbled. You called Naoto, locking the door of your home.

"Y/n! Are you on your way?" He asked, music in the background seemingly muffled so it's safe to assume he's outside the studio.

"Yep." You asnwered, taking a turn in an alley.

"Can you check on the car lot for me?" You ask, a bus pulling over right in time as you arrived at the bus stop.

"They don't seem to be fighting yet." He informed. "I can see your brother... Barely." He added.

"Thanks, Naoto." You said sighed, hovering your thumb over the end button.

"Yeah, well you owe me." He deadpanned.

"Yeah, yeah, see you." You ended the call, hoping to get there before the fight.

The bus stopped and you got off, except you weren't exactly that near the location. Taking the train this time, you worried more about the outcome. What if Naoto was right? What if it won't work? What if you won't be able to save Baji from his demise?

Nope.

It will work. Naoto may have a point, but that doesn't mean his point was right. You WILL save Baji.

"Naoto!" You finally arrived at your destination, Seeing Naoto peering as far as he could to see what was happening. "What's your plan?" He asks worriedly. "Nothing seems to be going bad yet." You muttered.

"Nothing bad yet?!" He exclaims. "My top priority is Baji-kun and Takemichi." You told him. "Do you think I can sneak in there?" You suggested.

"No." He answered bluntly, you turn to him glaring at you. "I'll call you when I get there, on my signal you know what to do." You told him, looking both ways before crossing the street. "No- Y/n!" He tried calling but you were already far away.

You tried to peer from the gate of the lot, avoiding visibility from anyone. You finally snuck in, hiding behind a few cars away from the brawl and the spectators. You called Naoto and already had an ambulance at speed dial.

"Y/n this is a VERY bad idea! Like 'very'!" Naoto warned. Those were the first words he says as he tries to maximize his voice due to the already loud volume in the studio.

"I know..." You whispered. "Are you near Hotaru? Or Hiroshi?" You ask.

"As near as I could." He informs. "By that I mean, I'm beside both of them right now." He sounded as if he was glaring at you vocally already.

"What's happening?" He asks.

"Fighting. Punching. Kicking. Lots of yelling." You enumerated in the most monotone way you could muster.

"Okay, okay! I get it!"

You squinted to see Kisaki jumping to punch a member of the opposing gang, hearing the praises given to him by Toman members. You could see the troubled look on your brother's face as he stared in disbelief.

As he stood there, seemingly on guard, Baji swiftly took position behind him, a pipe in hand as he swung it, hitting the blond's head. You winced silently as his body flew from car to car in result of the impact.

"What?"

"Kisaki just got hit." You informed, still hearing the loud music from the studio.

"Kisaki? When have I heard that name before?"

"Fumiko's cousin's friend?" You suggested.

"Yes, but no. I swear, I've heard that way before tutoring." Naoto said, seemingly trying to remember the guy.

Another guy threw Baji by the collar as he celebrated catching him off guard. Kisaki stood up faintly, as he glanced to where Baji currently was. Not too far from where he was.

Chifuyu jumped infront of the long-haired boy, trying to stop his intents catching Baji off guard even more. You winced again as Baji hit the blond with the same pipe he had in hand. "I'm the first Division Vice captain! I'm here to protect you, Baji-san!" Chifuyu yelled, still kneeling down in pain from the sudden hit.

His dedication really shocked you as you kept watching the fight. They seemed to talk even more, eventually leading to Baji punching him.

Takemichi jumped into action, slightly takling Baji in the process. Baji elbowed your brother in the head making you quite confused and upset. If only you could help more, protect your brother more.

But that wasn't exactly your mission. Baji is.

You see the boy, seemingly named Kazutora, running behind Baji, taking an object from his project as he closed himself to him. Finally, it looked like Baji had been paralyzed.

You gasped silently, almost dropping the phone in hand.

Had you failed?

Were you not able to save him?

Everything became slow motion as your vision darkened.

Not the time.

Save him.

Not the time.

Help.

A second chance, there'll be a second chance... right? You'll be able to save him. Keep your guard up, and you'll be able to save Baji from visiting the voices in your head too early.

Your brother pushed Kazutora as Baji stood where he was, almost frozen. Chifuyu ran to him, pulling him by the collar as Baji conversed with Takemichi. As he yelled about his motivations of defeating Kisaki, Baji had punched both him and Chifuyu, knocking them out.

Baji walked at the foot of the car pile, pulling his hair together and tying him up. A smile stretched on his face.

Within a matter of minutes he got to Kisaki's place, pointing a sharp end of a pipe to the blond's throat. As he stood there, he visibly coughed droplets of dark substance.

Blood.

Save him.

Wait for it.

He kneeled, dropping his weapon as he clutched his stomach.

You didn't know what could happen next. He was on the ground, blood dripping from his mouth as he kneeled in front of Kisaki.

'No... NO NO NO NO."

"I got it!" Naoto exclaimed excitedly.

"Crank it up, Naoto!" You ordered.

"What? What's happening?"

"Turn it up! Now!..." Your voice was cracking as you repeated your order. "Please..."

You heard Hotaru yell as Naoto flipped and turned switches and buttons. Within a second, a loud boom of the music made the ground lightly shake with every beat and glints of light from the studio.

Maybe it'll turn out fine.