Color

It had been weeks I had been sitting in that dark underworld, doing nothing but sleep and sulk. It's hard to act this way, when I'm normally such an outgoing person, but I really didn't feel like anyone wanted me there. But eventually Hades said I had paid my dues and I could go back. I was so excited. My wings were still healing so I couldn't fly back. Luckily Tokyo gave me another ride home, since Hades dropped me off by her house.

I tugged at my t-shirt, trying not to scream in happiness. I was standing at his door, preparing to knock. I thought of a stupid joke in my head and I had to say it aloud.

"I am the one who Nox I mean, nicks, I mean- knocks...." I sighed, internally laughing hysterically at that stupid joke. I was stalling. I took a deep breath, trying to contain my enthusiasm. I knocked on the door, a stupid smile on my face. My eyes lit up as I saw the door open.

"Nox? You're back!" Bigby said, pulling me into a hug. He ran his fingers through my hair, smiling at my little self.

I couldn't wipe the stupid look off of my face, I was just so happy to be back. Because when I'm with Bigby my life is better. It's like I'm living a different life. I couldn't put my wing- shit. Forgot. (Finger I guess...) on what made it different yet.

My eyes were wide as I sat on the floor, staring at him for some time. I was finally sorting things out.

"You wanna know something that's going to sound insane?" I asked, looking into his eyes, smiling slightly.

He nodded, scooting closer to me.

"I never mentioned this before, but I'm really fucking colorblind."

He sat me down in his lap, wrapping his arms around my waist.
"So?"

"I don't mean just to red and blue and shit like that. I mean I literally cannot see color." I explained, playing with a few loose strands of hair.

"I don't care Nox, I'll still love you." He said, chuckling slightly.

I smiled, blinking sleepily.
"Yes I know. But, here's the insane part. Believe it or not, whenever I'm around you, I see in color. It's strange. It's like ever since I became even slightly attracted to you, my eyes could finally process the colors. It could just be my weird genetics finally catching up to me, or maybe it does have something to do with you and I." I said, turning my head towards him. I was still very tired, despite it being 5:24 PM.

It was so strange. I had never experienced this with anyone except Hades. When we first met I could see some color, but not a lot. With Bigby I could see every color. Not a single speck was full and dark anymore. Nothing was ever incomplete.

"That's pretty strange, Nox. But, you know, it's nice to hear that."

"Hear what?"

"That I bring color into your life."

I smiled, slowly slinking down into his lap.
"I'm tired." I whined, hugging his waist.

"Want me to take you home?" He asked, rubbing my back.

I nodded, my eyes heavy with exhaustion. I had just gotten out of the underworld, I literally had the life sucked out of me. He picked me up, carrying me to my apartment. What I admired about him is that he never complained about my weight. I was heavy, and hard to pick up and carry around, but he never ever said anything about it. He dropped me into my bed and I instantly curled up into the blankets.

"Thank..." I yawned.
"You."

He smiled at me curled up in my blankets, trying to stay awake so I could talk to him more. I sat up slowly, reaching for him with grabby hands.

"Come lay with me." I mumbled, my eyes half open and a stupid smile was plastered upon my face.

He sat on the bed, pushing me down lightly.

"Go to bed, Nox." He laughed, watching me fall dramatically into the pillows.

"I'm dead." I whispered, my face covered in layers of pillows. He rolled his eyes, laying next to me.

"You're not dead." He said, lifting the pillows off of my face. I only grabbed them from his hands and put them back on.

"Yes I am. See? Rest in pepperonis." I laughed into the pillows until I couldn't even breathe.

He grabbed the pillows again, holding them above my head.

"Nooooo!" I whined, lazily reaching for them. He held them higher, watching me swat at the air with my short arms. He was getting a kick out if this, and I wouldn't stand for it.

"Bigby?" I said, trying to act serious.

He turned his head, still holding the pillows above my head.
"Yes?"

I took the chance. I rolled on too of him, kissing him harshly on the mouth. Caught off guard, he let go of the pillows. I pulled away with a gleam in my eyes.

"Operation sex appeal, success. The pillows are MINE!" I laughed, tackling the pillows. He laughed, pulling me to him. He kissed my neck gently before he started dozing off. I blushed, taking one more look at the world of color. Before I too, fell asleep.

_____________________
A lil bit of a shorter chapter because this is just so I have something out this week and also for you guys to see that Nox is A-Okay!

Until next time, goodbye! <3
Holy shit my stomach sounds like an atomic bomb