Nox

Fabletown. Ah.. The place was actually pretty at this time of day. Night, of course. In the daytime you can see all the litter and shit that really builds up around the place. I fumbled with my thumbs, weird considering I had none before. The taxi screeched to a stop and I nearly hit my head on the driver's seat.

I gave him his money and took out my bags. I dragged them into the lobby, breathing heavily as I wondered how many pints of blood I really needed. And wasn't I supposed to be on a diet? I sighed, collapsing on my bags. I heard the door open and I saw someone walk towards the elevator. I felt like I recognized the man but I couldn't exactly put my wing- er... Finger on it. I stood up, fixing my glasses so I could see him better. "Could that be?" I cracked a smile as I dragged my bags quickly into the elevator.

I knew exactly who it was. Bigby Wolf. The sheriff. I smiled, sort of nervous as I argued with myself. I wanted to talk and get to know him before I went to the interview. But I didn't exactly want to bother him. He seemed, well... Not all there.

The elevator was dead silent. I felt so awkward as I shifted around in my hoodie, trying to glance at him whenever I could. I was surprised when he was the one that broke the silence.

"Haven't seen you around here. Are you new?" He asked, taking a quick glance at me.

"Yeah, I'm new. My name is Nox." I replied, smiling at him. Though that's all I got out of him. For the while at least.

Suddenly the lights in the elevator flickered, soon turning into pitch black darkness.

"Fucking great..." I heard him grunt, slamming his fist against the wall.

I especially hated the darkness. I couldn't see shit. I could hear pretty well, but what good does that do you in an elevator with the Big Bad Wolf?

"Calm down before you break it even more, Bigby." I said, rolling my eyes. The last thing I needed was an angry wolf man and a bat woman in an elevator together.

"How...How do you know my name?" He asked turning towards me.

I couldn't see him so I simply stared straight ahead of me. "I think everyone knows who you are, Bigby." I slumped down into my bags, enjoying every second of the night.

After about an hour of talking I told him that I was going to see if I could apply to be his assistant. He said that it would be a good idea because he would seriously consider picking me. Maybe he was just sleep deprived and that was getting to his head, but it made me feel excited for the next day. He told me I'd have to come in the morning. I groaned, holding my face in my hands.

"What is it? He asked, yawning.

I chuckled. "Let's just say I'm not much of a morning person..."

_____________________
Hope you guys enjoyed the first, rather longish chapter. I'll try getting a chapter up at least every day. Maybe I'll give you some extra depending on the situation with homework.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)