Distance

We were all sitting on the couch, Geist was sitting on my shoulders, playing with my hair. She didn't act very serious as I wanted her to. Lucifer was tense, but he didn't say anything.

"Um. Yeah, about the whole, 'mating season' shit.... Yeah. I was hella wrong."

Bigby sat there for a moment, just staring at the floor. I couldn't help but feel a little bit of fear.
Geist spoke up.

"JESUS! If you're gonna fucking say something, you better say it now before Nox runs outta here and cries her eyes out!" She exclaimed, tugging my loose strands.

"I do not cry over- OW!"
I yelped as she pulled harder on my hair.

Lucifer hopped onto Bigby's lap, placing his paws to his chest.
"SPEAK WORDS, YOU SHIT."

I ran my hand through my hair and let it slide down my face.
When I let it fall to my lap, Bigby was staring at me, wide eyed.

"Okay, why the hell did the cat just talk?" He said.

I glared at Lucifer, grabbing him.
"So, my brother may have been reincarnated as a cat, but.... Eh. No big deal, right?"

He nodded slowly, pointing to Geist.

"What? You can see my cousin fucking naked but you can't see a small bat girl and believe I'm fucking real?" She said, glaring.

I pushed her off of my shoulders, hissing.
"Geist, shut your whore mouth."

"So, you're pregnant?" He asked.

I turned my head, managing to throw him a smile.
"Heh. I guess I am?"

Silence.

Geist was staring between the two of us, gulping hard.
"Well, this got awkward hella fast, SO I'M GOING TO LEAVE, PEACE OUT NOX!" She yelled, opening my window and flying away.

Lucifer sat there, sighing.
"So, is this good or bad?"

Bigby and I both shrugged. I chuckled.
"By the looks of it we're fine. There's just not much we can do right now."

Lucifer shook his head.
"NO! There is! We have to make a little place for you to nest in until you have the babies, and then you will stay there even after the birth. Somewhere private and safe."

I hesitated, putting my hand on his head.
"A box taped to the ceiling sounds good. Luci, you can be my personal servant for the while, I'll need you to bring me plenty of blood packets daily." I said, scratching behind his ears.

I turned to face Bigby, who was giving me a weak smile. I put a hand on his shoulder, pulling him into a hug.

"Sorry I'm going to be leaving you again." I said, laughing softly.

He returned the hug, running his hand through my pink hair.
"You come back, though. You always come back."

I smiled, and I couldn't stop smiling.

________________________
It had been a couple of weeks now, and I had been in my bat form for quite some time. I had nested in the box for quite some time, I only left for blood packets that Lucifer left below the box for me to collect.

I could definitely feel myself getting bigger but that was far from my mind.

Soul. Soul was all I could think about. Ever since I had remembered her name, I could remember her face, I could remember smells, sounds, sights... Even colors. I remembered looking out to the night sky with her watching, I remembered a chair, I remembered her different forms, her many personalities. I couldn't forget a single detail. My mind was racing with the thoughts of her. But then my heart sank.

I didn't know why or when, or even how, but I was crying. I couldn't stop. I missed this Soul so damn much. I would do anything to see her again. I could feel the tears streaming down my furry face, and I was trying not to cry out in sadness. My heart longed to see this lady again. This... Time lady.

Lucifer was yowling at the box, probably sensing my sadness.

I poked my head out, blinking my little black eyes at him.

"Nox, are you alright?"
He asked, sitting on his haunches.

I nodded weakly, trying to erase the memories for the while.

Lucifer shrugged before going over to the couch and extending his claws.

"Lucifer Coven Nocturn, don't you dare scratch that couch or so help me-"

Lucifer smiled at me, knowing I couldn't do shit to stop him, and began scratching away.

I screeched at him, sticking my head in the box again. I tucked my head under my wings, thinking of my Time Lady one last time before I fell asleep.

_________________________

A few more weeks had passed, and I felt so large, I knew bat pregnancies didn't last long, but I never had expected it to go by this fast. My senses were telling me it could be any day now, any minute, any second.

I was too tired to move, so I just hung inside the box, waiting.

I was so tired, and I needed to give myself a rest. So I tucked my head under my wings again, falling asleep once more.

________________________

I awoke on the floor of the box, I could feel how warm it was in there, and how sore I was. Something that made me perk up immediately, was the fact that I didn't feel so weighted down, and I could feel wriggling around me.

"Lucifer! Pull up those baby names again, will you?!"