My Mom

(Figure in picture made by SafiresStories , photo taken by me. And yes, said figure is Nox.
:3)

The kids had now been spending their time playing with Luci. Geist had stopped by every now and then to help out with caring for them.

I had been separating myself from everyone. I just sat in front of my window, staring out it. The last few days had been rather tame and quiet.
I didn't feel like eating or sleeping. I just wanted to sit at that window and wait. I had no idea what I was waiting for, being completely honest here, but I waited.

As the days progressed, it rained. I stared into the raindrops, looking into my disoriented reflection. I had dark circles under my eyes and my vessel looked quite pale. I hadn't moved in about a week.

My children would peak in and out, watching me and whispering about me. I could hear them, but I don't remember what they said. I just seemed dead to everyone but myself and that window.

The only time I actually listened and remembered a conversation was from Lucifer. He walked on it, sitting from the side of the chair.

"Nox... I'm worried about you."

I never did reply. If I did, I don't remember.

"Well, I wanted to tell you anyways, that Bigby came by earlier and took the kids for a while. Geist left with him to help out.... The first time the little devils see their father! Isn't that great?"

I think I nodded, but my tired and dead expression never did quite change.

"Nox?"

His mew was strained and sad. I remember feeling my heart tug at it. I just couldn't pull myself away from that window.

He eventually left, leaving me in my quiet bedroom, alone once again.

I placed my hand on the window, leaning my forehead to it. It was cold from the rain, and my hot breath fogged up the glass as I breathed into it.

"Soul.... God damn it... Why did you leave me? Wasn't I family to you?"

I was talking as if I were to receive an answer.

"Why? Why did you leave me, Soul? Was I too much to handle? Did you stop liking me? Did I do or say anything to provoke you?!"

My cold fingers wrapped up into a fist as they slammed into the glass, tears brimming my eyes.

"Just come back.... Please."

My fist slid down the glass as it unraveled into the familiar hand. The tears spilled over, falling down my cold face. I sniffed, closing my eyes. My head throbbed, twisting and splintering every time I thought. I tried standing up, but the migraine in my head had me meeting the ground faster than I had expected.

I felt my life slipping away from my fingers, and as much as I hated it, I didn't fight it. I was so weak and the migraine was only spiking into sharp needles around my entire body.

Lucifer ran into the room, yowling at the sight of me on the floor, my fingers numbly grasping into my hair and scalp, trying to stop the endless agony.

"Nox! Oh God, Nox!"

"Lucifer! MAKE IT STOP!"

Lucifer ran to my side, nudging me slightly. I pulled a hand out of my hair and into the floor, trying to pull myself up.

Lucifer looked at me frantically, his eyes small slits.

My vision was too blurred, I couldn't see the door. Darkness crawled through the corners of my vision, threatening to take me away.