Spending The Night (Part 1)

Before I knew it I felt myself drifting off into sleep. I had dreamt of valentines day. Being able to see my boyfriend again, my brother and his new boyfriend. I was so excited. My parents didn't even cross my mind once, I practically hated them after all. Towards the end of my slumber it started to go dark. Not as in the lighting kind of dark, I mean like... Erie sort of dark. All I could see were images when Trevor had hit me. The fear in my body was real once more, I wanted to wake up but I felt frozen. I couldn't move. My body shook and I could hear my silent cries and Trevor saying that he was sorry.

I pretty much cried myself awake. My face was hot and wet. It was just a nightmare. Just a nightmare. There were so many things I tried to remember from last night that just couldn't come to mind. I wasn't drunk, so why was everything nothing but a mere blur?

I look around at my surroundings, feeling around for my glasses. I put them on, blinking slowly. I was in my bed, strange considering I fell asleep on my living room floor.

"Either I sleepwalk, or Bigby was nice enough to carry me." I chuckled, dragging myself out of bed. I changed my clothes, deciding to wear a grey sports bra, a black hoodie, light grey jeans, and some sneakers. I did my hair in a messy bun and didn't bother putting in contacts today.

I entered Bigby's office, instantly going for a chair. Even though I slept my night away, I still couldn't stand the morning. I slumped into the chair, rubbing my eyes. Bigby looked up at me and pushed a file towards me.
I picked it up slowly and opened it, papers exploded from the file. I cursed under my breath as I gathered them up again. I struggled to read the words on the paper, I was squinting and quietly reading the words to myself.

"So, what I got from this is that someone is kidnapping girls from clubs and there is the possibility that they could've been murdered. Am I right?" I asked, placing the file back onto his desk.

"You got it. And I figured, we could always do some investigating." He said, grabbing the file again.

"Any possible suspects? Not even a clue to who it could be?" I was tired but it still didn't make any sense at all. I let my face slump down onto his desk, my eyelids heavy with sleep. My stomach sank, making me realize that I had forgotten to eat. My stomach continued to quietly growl at me until it let out one big howl. I groaned, hitting my head repeatedly on his desk. I could hear Bigby laughing at me and my despair.

"Hungry?" He chuckled, poking my arm. I looked up at him, pulled up my hoodie and pulled on the strings to hide my face.

"Yes. Now shut up and work." I laughed, curling up on the chair and falling asleep.

_______________________________

It was the end of the working day, though I didn't exactly do anything. Bigby pulled on my sleeves, forcing me to get up. He dragged me into his apartment, letting me sleep in his chair while he worked some more.

____________________________

I slowly opened my eyes, checking the time on my phone. It read 10:00 PM.
I tossed my phone onto the floor, looking at Bigby. Still working.

"How long have I been out?" I yawned, hearing the sounds of the night calling out to me.

"Eh. Maybe about 5 hours." I heard him mumble, not looking up from his work.

"Well, it's night now, so we can have some fu-" I was cut off by a sharp pain in my stomach. I fell to the floor, holding my side.

"I need food! God, I'm never skipping breakfast again!" I stared at the ceiling, considering wether or not I should get up and get something to eat from my apartment, or complain about it until Bigby did it for me. Hmm, complaining sounded a lot easier. I began to roll around on the floor, whining.

"Bigby. Bigby. Bigby. Bigby. Bigby. I'm huuungry! Can you get me some foooooood, pleeease?" I poked him in the side with my finger, frowning once I realized that he was trying his best to ignore me.

I remembered that I had my apartment keys in my pocket... I sat down on the floor, crossing my legs. I watched Bigby in silence as he worked, blinking slowly. He turned around and looked down at me.

"Nox, what do you want?" He sighed.

I threw my keys at his face.
"I. Want. Food. Apartment. Now."
Bigby glared at me, rubbing his forehead where my keys had hit him.

"Fine. But know I'm only doing this so you'll shut up." He pushed me over onto the floor lightly and he left his apartment.

I smirked at the door, holding my loose hairs in my hand.

"I always win." I whispered.