swimming pools

::::::

changin' by the minute and the record on repeat
took a sip, then another sip, then somebody said to me
why you babysittin' only two or three shots?
i'ma show you how to turn it up a notch
first you get a swimming pool full of liquor, then you dive in it

- swimming pools : kendrick lamar

::::::

(relevant to chapter 106 and 107 of the tokyo revengers manga)

2005

in less than seconds, faster than the speed of light, mikey had knocked down the almighty taiju. after a heart-to-heart with his disciples, mikey had suggested they all go for a ride, but taiju was against it. 

"WHERE ARE MY SOLDIERS?!" taiju demanded, leaning on inui for support. koko went to check where the rest of the black dragons were, and was left with his mouth wide open when he reached the doorway.

"HURRY UP!!"

"boss..." koko turned back inside, a horrified look resting on his face, "we've lost."

"LEMME GO, INUI!" taiju scrambled towards the door like a child struggling to take his first steps. 

"huh? what happened here?!" he was in shock. draken sat on the steps up to the shrine, blood all over his face, yet he wasn't hurt. all around him lay at least 100 black dragon members, not a single one conscious.

"oh, are things all done in there? could you let mikey know? i'm all done out here." he spoke naturally, as if he did this every day.

...

everyone stood inside, preparing to face off against 100 more people.

"can you still move, takemichi?" chifuyu asked, to which he received a nod. 

"you guys can't go out there, you're all beaten half to death!" y/n opposed.

"after that, 5 against 100 doesn't seem too hard." takemichi shared.

while they conversed, draken approached them, a confused look on his face.

"why's everyone so tense?"

"draken?!"

"mikey!! i stomped all the dudes outside!" he yelled as if they weren't mere feet away from him. 

"what?" takemichi stared, and everybody ran to the door, "what?!"

"the black dragons are dead!" mikey announced, "TOMAN WINS!!"

they all cheered for their victory; the sounds echoing through the empty night sky.

"mission complete." takemichi smiled, before passing out. mitsuya hoisted him over his shoulders.

"thanks, takemichi. you're tonight's mvp." he praised. everyone was grateful to takemichi for keeping everyone motivated. without him, they would all have shamefully given into the pain. he deserved to be first division captan. it was in his nature to help others make it through things they can't handle alone. 

"let's go home, chifuyu." y/n wrapped him in a hug. mikey and draken had taken takemichi to see hina, and all of the others had already gone home. 

"i'll bandage your face." she offered.

"okay." he kissed the top of her head, and they went back to his house. after a really long night, they got just what they needed in the end: each other.

::::::