falling

::::::

oh, we've lost it
screeching off with no names
she said: watch this
with her hands in the rain
call it conflict, as you should

and you ain't gonna stop this, stop thisand you keep on falling, baby, figure it out

- falling : chase atlantic

::::::

(relevant to chapter 69 of the tokyo revengers manga)

remember to leave comments

2005

mikey was pretty short. y/n only now realised that she was about the same height as him, compared to chifuyu. the gang leader look so small standing next to her close friend, and another tall boy.

the other boy - hanma, he had announced - told the tokyo manji gang that valhalla was now joining them. y/n was shocked, but she was still looking at a nervous chifuyu, with his fists clenched by his sides. 

"i'll let you say the rest." mikey looked to the boy, "vice-caption of the first division, chifuyu matsuno."

chifuyu looked at the floor.

"i considered leaving toman." y/n's brows furrowed. she was actually the one who told him not to, the morning after bloody halloween. 

"but someone very special stopped me, by telling me: "baji-san loved toman, and you. he would want you to stay, and take care of his division.""

y/n nearly melted when chifuyu looked towards her with a soft smile. he had remembered the exact words she said to him that day. 

"so i went to our leader, and he told me it was my choice of what to do with the first division. leading it was too much of a responsibility for me, so after days and days of talking... we arrived at this conclusion."

y/n was captivated by his words. she knew it must've been hard to replace his best friends spot in toman with anyone else, but she had a pretty good idea of who he picked.

"I'M GONNA NAME THE GUY THAT I WANNA FOLLOW!" chifuyu yelled, to reassure himself that he had made the right decision.

"TAKEMICHI HANAGAKI! I NOMINATE YOU AS THE FIRST DIVISION CAPTAIN!" 

y/n smiled to herself. she knew chifuyu would pick him. it only hit her that takemichi was still from the future a few moments before. they hadn't talked about it too much lately, but she knew now that he would probably go back to the present, now that everything had fallen into place.

"raise your head, and give us your response!" mikey told him.

y/n looked to takemichi, who had started bucketing tears in the span of 5 seconds. he put his arms behind his back, and threw his head towards the sky.

"I'LL DO MY BEST!!!" y/n chuckled at the boy, and made eye contact with chifuyu once more. although no one was looking at them, any stranger could tell that they looked at each other with only love in their eyes.

"ah, jeez. i gotta redo the embroidery now." mitsuya grinned.

mikey's face had softened at the sight of takemichi.

"you raised your head to high... dummy."

::::::

don't forget to vote