paradise

hi guys, i just wanna say thank you so much for the support w this, i've got readers from all around the world and i find that so cool- i'm rlly glad you like this book!

::::::

she calls me in the middle of a sunday night
i'm falling just a little baby, shit ain't right

- paradise : chase atlantic

::::::

(relevant to chapter 97 of the tokyo revengers manga)

2005

it was christmas day, and y/n was dreading it's end. she and chifuyu had spent the whole day together and she wasn't about to let it end so he could go get beat to a pulp by some high and mighty gang leader.

they had taken the train to the city and run around doing anything and everything they wanted. they exchanged gifts and treated each other to snacks - it was pretty much the most perfect day either of them could've asked for, except for when it was almost midnight and chifuyu had to rush off to his fight (not without a kiss first, obviously).

now, y/n was on the train by herself after chifuyu had gotten off near the church. she was admiring the ring he had gifted to her. it was the perfect gift - a snug fitting ring that was adorned with the outline of a heart, and chifuyu bought himself a matching one that fit inside it. it was partly the gift that was so sweet, but more the words he said when he handing it to her.

"i know that we're gonna spend the rest of our lives together, and... well... i'm definitely going to marry you at some point, so consider this a pre-engagement, y/n!" he was extremely nervous to give it to her, so he was overjoyed when she burst into tears of joy and flung her arms around him in excitement. 

she had gotten him ((insert gift here ) im so sry i literally cannot think of a gift-) which he thought was probably the best gift he'd ever received, besides peke j of course.

y/n didn't know what it was, but she was suddenly inclined to go see what was going on at the church. what if she had the opportunity to save someone, and she just went right past it?

she got off at the next stop, and immediately caught the opposite train to get back to chifuyu.

...

"the fucker put up quite a fight, eh?" hanma sneered as he finished tying chifuyu's mouth. he was now helpless. hanma and kisaki had turned on him, beating up and then tying him to the railing with no way to call for help. he knew they never should've trusted them.

it had been a good ten minutes, and no one had come to save him. he jerked his head up at the sound of approaching footsteps, to see no one but y/n standing there, out of breath from running all the way from the train station. 

"mhmmh?(y/n?)" chifuyu said through his taped mouth.

"what the fuck? who did this, chifuyu?!" y/n was mad.  

"hmm mhm mm mfmfm?" 

"assuming you asked what i'm doing here, i just had a feeling you guys were getting your asses handed to you, so i came to help." she said while untying the ropes behind him. she left the tape over his mouth until last because she knew that would hurt the most.

"and no, i'm not going home, because i need to make sure you don't die. alright, done!"

she finished untying all the ropes, and chifuyu stood up, and y/n winced when he ripped the tpe off his mouth in one swift movement. 

"motherfuckers." he swore, "i swear i'll kill them-"

"you bet your ass we will." mitsuya rounded the corner. 

"mitsuya? took you long enough."

"we don't have time chifuyu, let's go!"

y/n was quick to follow them, but chifuyu stopped her, "there's no chance you're coming with us." 

"what if something happens?" she traced a finger over one of his fresh bruises from hanma. chifuyu knew she wasn't leaving.

"wait here, ok? i'll come get you if anything goes wrong." he lied. if something went wrong, there was no way he was going to let her anywhere near.

"and if anyone who isn't from toman shows up, come straight inside, where i can keep you safe." he said.

"okay." she gave him a kiss on the cheek before he went in to join the fight.

she was nervous. what if someone actually did show up? 

it seemed she had jinxed it, because almost as soon as she had thought it, two boys with a uniform labelled 'bd' came strutting towards her. one with a very prominent birthmark, and the other with an awful swept-over haristyle.

she did exactly what chifuyu told her, and rushed inside to alert them. when she opened the door, she was met with the scene of mitsuya being thrown around my really strong guy. what the hell were takemichi and chifuyu thinking?! no way they could take on this guy.

she ran to chifuyu, who immediately asked what was wrong.

"there are two-" she instantly stopped as soon as she saw the boy with the birthmark approach mitsuya with a baseball bat. how was this the second time she'd had to save someone from being hit with a bat?

"mitsuya, watch out!" she was just in time, because the lavender-haired boy just barely dodged the hit, but was caught off guard when the strong man (who she had identified as taiju) landed one heck of a punch on him, which knocked him to the ground.

"well, did my info help?" the other boy spoke, "was it worth 100,000 yen?"

no one answered him, because mitsuya wasn't getting up, and he was slowly bleeding onto the floor.

"WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU JUST DO?!" takemichi screamed.

"YOU SON OF A BITCH!!!" chifuyu followed, and they both ran towards taiju with no hesitation.

"GUYS, WAIT!!"

::::::

don't forget to vote <3