you right

::::::

you right, i got my guy
but i, i, can't help it, i want you
said, you right, i got my guy
but i, i, can't help it i want you

i can't stop and look the other way
'cause i know what could be, babe

and you never feel the same

- you right : doja cat

::::::

(relevant to chapter 50 of the tokyo revengers manga)

2005

"sorry for calling you out here." chifuyu said to a tall boy with long black hair, who was facing away from them. y/n couldn't quite see his face.

y/n and chifuyu had run into each other in the street, coming out of their house. Naturally when they saw each other, chifuyu ran over to her and they began walking and talking. they were both on their way to takemichi about the next day - halloween. 

when they met with him, chifuyu explained that he wanted them to come with him to talk to someone before the fight.

they were led to a spiral staircase that brought them to a bridge. 

the boy was wearing a white jacket with a headless angel on it, which was very contrasting with chifuyu's pitch y/n's eyes travelled to a small tag on the sleeve that read: 'valhalla'.

y/n almost instantly had her ideas about who this was, and she was right. her narrowed eyebrows softened when they boy turned around, looking exactly how she has imagined him, thanks to chifuyu's description. 

"baji-...san?" she asked, but he ignored her.

"chifuyu. you wanna get punched some more?" he smirked. he was honestly very pretty, but y/n thought chifuyu was prettier.

why was she even thinking about that?!

"have you got a lead on kisaki yet?" chifuyu questioned.

"huh?" baji kept a straight face.

"you're acting as a spy for toman right?" chifuyu said. y/n internally cringed. that would be embarrassing if he wasn't spying. however, she had confidence in baji.

his eye twitched, "the fuck are you saying?"

"you can leave valhalla! i did some digging and kisaki's a pretty nasty guy. if the fight starts tomorrow you'll be toman's enemy for real!"

"chifuyu. i always tell you not to trust anybody who isn't your friend. i'm with valhalla now, and we're gonna crush toman tomorrow!"

there was silence for a moment, before takemichi spoke up.

"chifuyu, y/n, can i have a word with baji-kun alone?"

...

y/n was across from chifuyu, and they were both leaning on the railing behind them. thye watched takemichi and baji talk from afar.

"any idea what he's saying?" chifuyu asked, and y/n shook her head. she felt guilty for lying to him. she did, in fact, know what they were talking about.

takemichi was going to beg baji not to get killed, which wasn't the most effective method, but the boy wouldn't take criticism.

...

y/n sat next to ema on the same bench as last time, while she watched chifuyu and takemich(mostly chifuyu) during the gang meeting.

y/n only took her eyes off of him when she heard mikey say: "can i just be a kid for a sec?" 

he sat down cross legged in front of his followers.

"i don't wanna fight baji." he softly smiled, most stared with their mouths open, besides draken and mitsuya, who smiled too.

"SO LEND ME YOUR STRENGTH, EVERYONE!" mikey yelled, "TOMORROW WE'RE GONNA DEFEAT VALHALLA, AND TAKE BAJI BACK!"

chifuyu grinned widely, and subsequently, y/n did too. 

"THAT'S HOW WE FIGHT OUR BATTLES!" and toman erupted into cheers. they were all going to give their all.

::::::