do me a favour

::::::

ask anyone, they'll tell you
that it's these times that it tends
to start to break in half, to start to fall apart
hold on to your heart

- do me a favour : arctic monkeys

::::::

(this is still relevant to chapter 1 of the manga)

2005

y/n was walking home from the convenience store with a packet of ramen when she saw someone jogging down the street, looking at the tall apartment buildings around them trying to find the right one.

y/n was so confused she didn't even think to get out of the way, so naturally, the person knocked into her, causing her ramen to clatter to the floor.

"thanks, dumbass!" she called after the person who had ran past in a blur. it probably wasn't the smartest thing to say to a maniac running around at night, but she was fed up with people being dumbasses today. 

but when she spoke up, the stranger turned back around, he recognised her voice.

"y/n?" takemichi stepped closer to her, remembering their phone call earlier that day. or was it technically twelve years later?

"of course it's you, takemichi." y/n laughed it off. "where're are you going in such a hurry?"

he didn't even hear her. he was mumbling to himself about how crazy this all was. y/n shifted her gaze in all different directions, the situation becoming more awkward as takemichi ranted to himself, barely acknowledging her.

"this is crazy. i was just talking to you in the future and now i'm a middle schooler who's about to die, but not here, in the future and i'm frantically running to go see my dead girlfriend before i-" takemichi spoke to himself too quietly and quickly for y/n to make out real words, but she could tell he wasn't okay.

"takemichi!" she interrupted him and pulled him out of his thoughts, "are you... alright?"

"tachibana" he breathed. "where's her apartment?"

"it's... that way." y/n pointed, finding it weird he didn't remember. "listen, you can tell me if something happen-"

she didn't even get the chance to finish her sentence, because he ran off in the direction she mentioned.

"why do i even bother anymore?" y/n asked herself while rubbing her eyes. she decided not to think about takemichi anymore and go home to make her ramen.

::::::