hypocrite

::::::

i won't ever do that again
i've been all over the place
i watched the strawberry fields
dry up and wither away
and if you ask me to stay
you know that's where I will be
won't ever do that again
don't wanna do that again

- hypocrite : cage the elephant

::::::

(relevant to chapter 19 of the tokyo revengers manga)

2005

the musashi festival was fun with friends, sure, but y/n couldn't help but wish she was there with a significant other, who would wear a yukuta with her, and play carnival games only to give the prize to her. it was all rather clichè but she couldn't help it.

for example, right now, instead of running to find shelter from the rain with her friends, her date would be holding his jacket over her while they were looking for cover. 

not long after the rain had started, her group of around seven had found a small gazebo to hide from the weather in. y/n was considering just going home, because she was cold, and the rain didn't look like it had much intention of stopping anytime soon. 

before she could tell her friends she was going to leave, she got a call from none other than her friend takemichi.

"takemichi? what-"

"y/n, are you at the musashi festival?!"

"well, yeah, bu-"

"i need your help!!"

"whats's wrong, takemichi?"

takemichi panted, and his footsteps were particularly loud, indicating that he was running. but from what? or towards what? y/n began to grow worried.

"i just got a call from yamagishi! he told me some members of toman are still holding a grudge against draken!! they're gonna try to kill him!" takemichi cried, "i can't find him!! can you help me look for draken?!

"i-... yeah. i got it." y/n hesitated, but who cared if it was raining? or late at night? her friend was going to die, and she wasn't just going to sit there and wait. she got up and told her friends she would be back later, not hanging up on takemichi.

"hang on..." y/n heard from her phone, while began jogging around the festival grounds in the pouring rain, looking for draken. 

"what is it?" she questioned. 

"in the parking lot... there are some toman members." he said.

"who?"

"i don't know..."

y/n heard takemichi gasp from the other line.

"what?!"

"there's a mobius member... and... kiyomasa... he has a knife! y/n, go find draken, now!" takemichi whisper yelled.

"okay!"

takemichi hung up the phone, and y/n ran through the festival, and after checking every lane, she searched the streets around the outside. her feet were getting tired, and she had pretty much given up hope. however, she was determined to find him. but while she kept looking, she called takemichi, to make sure he hadn't run into draken first.

"y/n! did you find draken?" takemichi asked, hopeful. 

"i'm sorry takemichi, i'm still looking. i thought you might've run into him, but i'll keep going. "

"i ran into mitsuya. he says peh-yan is the one going after draken. i know it's a lot to ask, but if you run into peh, you've gotta stop him, y/n."

takemichi was right, it was a lot to ask. she was only a thirteen year old girl, who was already tired from running, and didn't know how she might talk a total stranger out of murdering someone, without also getting murdered herself. but she couldn't say no. hina and draken's lives were at stake, and she was willing to try.

"i'll try my best." y/n answered. she gulped, obviously scared of what was coming next, but trying to be brave.

"actually... hey! i think i see them!" she was nearly relieved to see ema and draken, but tensed up again when she saw peh-yan in front of them, and someone about to hit draken with a baseball bat from behind. 

"DRAKEN-KUN! WATCH OUT!"

::::::