every breath you take

::::::

since you've gone, i've been lost without a trace
i dream at night, i can only see your face
i look around, but it's you i can't replace
i feel so cold, and i long for your embrace
i keep crying baby, baby please

- every breath you take : the police

::::::

(relevant to chapter 46 of the tokyo revengers manga)

2005

y/n was lucky she didn't feel like going to school anyways, because matsuno had brought her and takemichi with him to a graveyard. she was unsurprisingly confused as to why, especially when they ran into mikey and draken. they greeted each other, and it was revealed that they were visiting mikey's brother's grave. as it turned out, y/n was the only one that didn't know about shinchiro. 

she stood in between matsuno and takemichi, behind draken, who was behind mikey. as she listened to the boy talk about his brother, she found it rather difficult to hold back tears, her vision getting blurry. she didn't even want to think about what it would be like to lose someone from her own family.

chifuyu looked over to her as a tear escaped her eye. when she turned to the side to wipe it out of the way, y/n saw the boy giving her a sympathetic smile, which she returned. he was quite sweet.

"i can't forgive kazutora... for killing my brother." mikey said, darkly, and everyone fell into silence. 

"kazu... tora..." y/n mumbled, only loud enough for the people next to her to hear. matsuno stole another glance at her, something he had been doing a lot lately, and he didn't even know her name yet. she looked like she was thinking something through. takemichi had most likely told her about kazutora, and she was putting the pieces together. when he realised he was staring, he looked back to mikey, who was now standing near his bike. 

"mikey-kun." takemichi said from behind them, "i... want to be the top guy in toman!" 

y/n draged her hands along her face, half in embarrassment, half because she was tired. chifuyu let a small smile onto his lips at that, but it vanished when he remembered what takemichi had just said.

"i'll make you realise that someday, mikey-kun. that's what i want to accomplish!" he was making it worse. mikey stared at him for a moment, and y/n held her breath, afraid he would punch the other boy. instead, he and draken turned to walk away. 

draken chuckled, "what an idiot."

y/n waved to them before they left, and then turned around to see matsuno and takemichi conversing.

"how about this." matsuno held out his hand, "i'll help you become toman's leader. so, help me out with what i wanna do!" he grinned.

"does that mean you think i can really be the top guy in toman?" when takemichi said that, y/n chuckled, but when he frowned at her, she stopped laughing.

"well, i believe in you takemichi!" she said, when he looked away she turned to matsuno, shaking her head to show she was lying. matsuno chuckled at that, which made takemichi confused, but they got back to the topic.

"not one little bit." chifuyu spoke the truth.

"hey! you makin' fun of me?!" takemichi really was an adult. 

"but i will help you." chifuyu ignored his outburst.

"understood! i'll help you out, too!" they shook hands.

"i'm countin' on you, partner!" chifuyu smiled with his eyes closed, which y/n thought was rather cute.

"and you know, i never got your name." he turned to y/n.

"it's y/n l/n. but call me by my first name, everyone does." she smiled at him, "and i already heard yours, matsuno-san."

"call me chifuyu." he smiled back. takemichi had temporarily forgotten that the two people in front of him are married in the future. he realised they were both probably interested in each other, and he felt like a third-wheel. 

"by the way, we're the same age, so you don't have to be all polite and formal with me." chifuyu said, and y/n didn't even have time to respond, because takemichi started screeching.

"huh?! we're... the same age? why didn't you tell me earlier?!"

"wow, you switched gears real quick." chifuyu laughed, making y/n chuckle too, before he got serious again.

"first off, i wanna do a thorough investigation... of the connection between kisaki and valhalla!"

::::::