Family Reunion

"Alex!" Barnard exclaimed after he ran straight into the hospital. After the Tasmanian event, 5 kids that were affected by the meteorite were sent into the quarantine room. Alex and Leon had to be separated but they were able to communicate through the walls which were very thin. Zipp was in a room on the other side of Alex's. The doctors were calculating her speed on a treadmill. A room down, other doctors were testing a young girl named Taylor. A coyote who has electricity powers. The last one down from Leon was a duck named Daffy the 5th. He had teleportation powers like Danger Duck. Yeah, not hard to miss.

Though in quarantine, Barnard wasn't allow to step inside the room to comfort his daughter. Alex turned to the door and gasped. "Dad!" Alex tried to get to him but the restraints on her bed refused to let her move. "Daddy, what's going on!" Alex asked out of fear as tears began to run down her face. Her father pressed his hand on the glass. "Don't worry sweetie, I'm not going anywhere." Barnard replied as he turned towards one of the doctors behind him. "Why is my daughter in restraints? She didn't do anything wrong!"

"They're to keep her from floating Mr. Bunny." Barnard was down right confused. In fact, he was so confused he laughed. "Floating? My daughter can't float. It's physically impossible." Then, another doctor wearing a quarantine suit walked inside the room and closed the door behind him. It took all of Barnard's strength to not run in and snatch up his daughter. The doctor removed the restraints one by one and each of Alex's limbs began to float in the air. Once all of them were free, Alex was in the air her entire body touching the ceiling with ease.

Barnard's eyes bulged out of his eye socket. "Impossible." Alex reached down and grabbed the bed frame. "Can't I please get something to eat? I'm hungry." Alex said to the doctor as he nodded and placed her back on the bed. "I apologize for having to do this miss." He replied as Alex could see that he meant it. Slowly, he put her restraints back on so as to make sure it wasn't too tight and walked out of the room.

After closing the door, he looked to her father. "I suggest you get your daughter something to eat. She's famished." he said as Barnard nodded unable to reveal a word. Once the doctors left, he turned to the right to see Leon's parents. "June, Arty?" They both turned to their friend. "Barnard!" June said as she and her husband walked over to him. They've known each other since Alex and Leon were younger. They met after Ace and Lexi got their powers from the meteorite. "How's Alex? Is she alright?"

"They have her in quarantine. I'm going to get her something to chow down on. How's Leon?" he asked them as Arthur shook his head. "They won't let us see him. His arms keep stretching too far and every time they stretch he's on the urge of screaming." Arthur replied, as he sighed heavily. Barnard turned back to his daughter who was trying to get comfortable. "Do you wanna go to the cafeteria with us? It might help to get our minds off of this."

"Yes, we would love to."