Strange Powers (Taylor E. Coyote)

Taylor's head was ringing as the sounds of bells filled her huge brain. She rubbed her head feeling that something was off. She groaned as she sat up and began to look around the room. "Taylor!" Her mother's voice ranged. Taylor saw her mother right before she wrapped her arms around her neck. "Oh my baby. Are you okay? Are you hurt?" she asked with so much love and worriedness. Taylor managed to nod, still feeling that something was indeed off.

Taylor's thoughts were interrupted by a doctor opening the door to her room. "Ah, you must be Taylor." He said when he noticed his patient. "Apologizes for any confusion. You and 5 other students were struck by a meteor." Wait what? She got hit?! Taylor began to panic as she felt her body beginning to twitch. "H-How many did you s-say?"

"5." The doctor repeated as Taylor felt something crawling up the back of her spine. Insecurity. She's always had that weakness. It was part of the reason why she didn't want to go to such an enhanced school. The entrance exam was to present one of the greatest science projects ever. She wanted to enter, but standing in front of so many people like that was too much work for a little coyote like her. She hated standing in front of crowds of people. And now that weakness was crawling back. The insecurity that Zipp might be one of those kids that got hurt.

"What about Zipp?" Taylor's question came out before she was able to think. Her mother gasped. "Taylor. You know you're not suppose to say her name." For the first time in her life, Taylor ignored her mother. "What about Zipp Roadrunner. She's my friend. What happened to her?" The doctor checked his records for any sign of Zipp's name. "Zipp Roadrunner...yes unfortunately she was one of them."

Oh no!

Taylor's head was spinning with so many question. Why didn't she make it out of there? She's one of the fastest people she knew. She's a goddamn road runner for crying out loud! How could she not make it out of there?! Her mother was helping with her insecurity either. "Honey I think it's time you get some rest-"

"NO!" Taylor yelled and smite her hand to the ground. Her hand created a bounce of electricity around the room causing her mother, her doctor, and herself electrocuted by that sudden surge of power. "P-P-P-P-P-P-Please T-T-T-Taylor, s-s-s-s-stop!" Her mother tried to say. Suddenly realizing her mistake, Taylor stopped her attack and inhaled a breath. "Sorry. I just...don't know what came over me."