holidays

**christmas eve/24th december/ellie 15 weeks**

-Taylors pov-

Christmas is my favorite holiday and I've been going full out this year even though in the end it's just going to be joe, Ellie and I. the whole house is decorated and there is a lot of things for Ellie under the tree. I may have gone a bit overboard but it's her first Christmas, so I want it to be special. We have a huge Christmas tree in the middle of the living room against the windows and it's decorated with big bulb ornaments. The tree is really tall, but it looks home decorated and not like a professionally decorated tree. On the night to December first joe and I decorated it together while Ellie had gone to bed.

I've gotten joe a Christmas sweater and I'm forcing him to wear it all day, and I've gotten a Christmas onesie for Ellie with a matching pant. I'm also dressed in a festive sweater and tonight we are all going to be in matching pajamas. What can I say, I just love Christmas.

Michael Bublé's Christmas album is playing through the speakers in the living room and kitchen giving us a good atmosphere and I'm burning pine tree and cinnamon candles to get it smelling like the Christmas tree farm I grew up on.

Joe comes into the kitchen carrying Ellie and I smile seeing them together, so I leave my cookie making station to go over and tickle her chin but then something so precious happens, she laughs for the first time.

"Yes, my little munchkin wasn't that funny, you're laughing!" I say and take her from joe and dance around the kitchen with her which makes her laugh more and I start to hum along with all I want for Christmas is you. Eventually I turn to joe who I can now see is filming us and I blow him a kiss before continuing dancing with Ellie.

Hearing her laughing is the most precious sound ever, I thought her making cooing sounds was mesmerizing, but this tops that she is just so adorable. "aren't you a happy baby my little Ellie" I coo her and kiss her head. "aaaa" she says. Its isn't at the babbling stage yet but we are getting close with her using her voice, laughing is just another sign that she is getting there.

Eventually I give her back to joe to continue to make cookies, but she starts to cry and grab my shirt "oh, is someone hungry" I coo her and take her to the couch instead. "daddy's boobs aren't good for that huh?" I say and bop her nose.

The shirt I'm wearing don't have that nursing access, so I take the whole shirt of before clipping down my nursing bra and Ellie happily latches on. In a couple of weeks, after her 4month doctor appointment after the holidays we will maybe get the green light to start some light solids which is exiting. I will probably breastfeed her until she is at least one year old I think if she wants it, I'm enjoying it so much.

Joe sits down on the couch too and kiss my cheek "I can't believe this is her first Christmas. I'm so excited. I know she is too little to actually understand what's going on, but we will remember it forever. It's really sad that our families can't be here with us, but I like being just us too" he says and caress my face.

"I feel the same way. She is growing so fast, I mean in two weeks she will be four months, it's gone by so fast. I think that we should just take the fact that we are just us with a positive light instead of focusing on all the sad parts of it. I would love for them to be here, especially now that we have Ellie, but it's wonderful that the tree of us get to bond as a little family too." I say and pucker my lips indicating that I want a proper kiss and he laughs but give it to me. I will never get tired of kissing him, even after being together for years I still get butterflies every time our lips meet.

"When do you think we will actually married?" I ask him and let my mind wander. We got engaged a while ago and haven't really talked about it at all.

"I think there are several factors that come into play with that one. Who we want there, how big we want it to be and where we want it to be" he says and shrugs.