doctors office

-taylors pov-

I wake up the next morning when I feel yesterday's food starting to make its way up my throat so I run to the bathroom and hang over the toilet. Joe is right behind me holding my hair up with one hand and rubbing my back with the other. 

After I'm done I start to cry and lean against the wall like yesterday. This hurts a lot, and I don't know how I'm doing to do months of this. Joe pulls me into his arms and let me cry as much as I need to. "you're okay Taylor. You're okay. You're so strong" he says and kiss the top of my head several times while holding me close. 

The news from yesterday is still not sinking in completely. It's confusing to think that there is an actual fetus inside of my uterus right now. My body is keeping a baby safe until its ready to enter the world months from now. 

"i need to phone the doctor's office today. Make an appointment, but I have no idea how I'm supposed to go there without it becoming a media circus. This is sure as hell not getting out in the tabloids, I won't let that happen" I say and stand up to brush my teeth while joe continue to rub my back under my shirt. 

"it's going to be okay. There are back entrances most places and we will figure out who is discreet. LA is full of private clinics that deal with famous people. And eventually we will get back to Nashville where you have your doctor you know well" he says and kiss the side of my head. 

"joe" I start to say and burst into tears again when I see him "the pandemic... you won't be let in there with me..." I say and start to panic again so he pulls me into his arms. That thought didn't even cross my mind yesterday, the fact that joe won't be able to come to the appointments with me. The world is so messed up right now that we won't get to do these things together. 

"Taylor, you need to take deep breaths" he says and gently pick me up and taking me back to bed before laying down beside me pulling my closer to him so I'm lying on his chest tightly wrapped up in his arms. "We will figure it out. Sure, the world is crazy, but we will figure out how to make it through this together. First, we will call and talk to them, that's the first step and then we will take it from there my love. One step at a time" he says and kiss the top of my head and I listen to his steady heartbeat to try to calm myself down. 

We lay wrapped up in each other's arms for a while before I sit up to figure out which doctors office to call. Instead of calling them I call tree "hey, I need your help with something" I say gently, she knows the industry and know who is able to keep their mouth shut. 

"Hi. sure, what's up Taylor?" she asks, and I take a deep breath. I know I can trust her with this, and she will have to keep an eye on the tabloids anyway, so I know I need to tell her soon anyway. 

"i... I found out yesterday that I'm pregnant... so I need to book an appointment with someone here in LA since we aren't going to be able to get back to Nashville anytime soon. Do you know who could be a good fit? Like someone who knows how to handle people in my situations? Have you by chance any name in mind?" I ask and look over at joe who smiles at me before laying a hand on my stomach and I poke my tongue playfully out at him.

"Oh my god Taylor! Congratulations to both of you! This is so exiting! I'm so happy for you. And yes, I have a name let me just go into my files and pull it up" she says, and I can't help but smile a little too "thank you. And yeah, that would be wonderful" 

There is a moment of silence while she looks it up "so there is an obgyn named ruby Turner in Beverly hills. I will text you her number asap. I've had a friend in the industry who has had several clients use them so they're trustworthy" she says and that makes me feel slightly better that she knows others have used her services. "Thank you so much tree. And I hope you can keep an eye on the tabloids. We don't want this to get out there" I say and sigh.