Welcome to the world

-taylors pov-

The doctor gives us a moment to just feel our daughter "so does she have a name or are we going with little miss munchkin" she says and by her eyes I can see she is smiling through the mask.

"She sure does... Her name is Elliana Alwyn" I say and look down at my beautiful daughter. "that's beautiful. Congratulations" the doctor says before they sadly need to take her for a moment again. I get really sad when they take her out of my arms, but I know it needs to be done. The nurses are cleaning up the equipment from birth and the stuff that's on the lower half of the bed while joe help me to sit up a little more and we just look at each other with tearful eyes. "We have a baby girl" he says and his voice cracks.

The nurse comes back into the room with some stuff in her arms and set them down on the edge of the bed "so the doctor is just giving her the eye ointment, doing another apson score and then weighing her. You will get some bonding time after that though. And if you want, I can help you set up the breast feeding. Eventually though we will have to take her to the nursery for a complete checkup and do the newborn shots and tests to make sure you have a healthy baby" she explains to us. I really like that they always tell us what's happening because we have talked a lot to the doctor about my anxieties, so this is helping.

She takes a band and wrap it around my wrist "this is an identifying band, your baby gets the same one, so we know who yours is. And she gets an alarm too when she leaves the room just to make sure she is safe" she tells us. It was really important for me to have that and since they offer that I jumped on the chance. I don't think I could let her out of my sight without it. "She weighs 6 pounds which is just inside the normal range. And was born at 9pm on 10th September" the doctor says as she brings the baby back over.

I'm given Elliana back and she is now wrapped in a blanket to keep her warm and the nurse helps me lay her to the breast. "don't get discouraged if you don't get her latched right away." the nurse assures me. "She is so tiny" I say and look down at her little body wrapped in a pink receiving blanket. It takes me about an hour of help from the nurse with different positions and techniques to get her to latch on.

"There isn't actually milk there the first several days. But it's important for her the nutrients it offers, but she doesn't need much because her stomach is so small. I will give you half an hour of bonding time and we will need to take her to get properly cheeked out. I know you're doing room-in so she will be brought back as soon as possible. But I promise I will stay with her so don't worry" the nurse assures me and leave us for a moment after Ellie seems happy at the breast.

"Hi baby girl" I say and smile down at her when we are finally left alone for a moment. And joe drags his chair back over to me. "you're both so beautiful" joe says, and I grin at him. "She is beautiful, don't know about me though" I say and chuckle.

"nonsense... You're glowing and beautiful" he says and leans up to kiss me softly. "Even though my boobs are saggy, and my stomach has stretchmarks. Not to mention the crime scene between my legs?" I tease him but it's also a hint of nervousness there too.

"Your body has been through a lot today. Of course, I love you. There is nothing about you that I don't love Taylor" he says, and tears fall from my eyes. "These are happy tears I promise. I'm really happy right now" I say and look down at our beautiful Elliana, we are nicknaming her Ellie for a shorter name.

"I love you so much joe" I say and look at him with tears in my eyes, this is a really emotional day and he has red eyes from crying too "I love you too Taylor" he says and pull down his mask to kiss me properly, up until now he has kissed me though his mask since he is required to wear one when there are people in the room.