own your story

TRIGGER WARNING – EMOTIONAL ABUSE IN A DOMESTIC RELATIONSHIP

Week 37

-taylors pov-

These days we are basically just going around waiting for something to happen. My blood pressure has thankfully stabilized at around 140/90 which isn't good, but it could be much worse. But now I'm so close to my due date that she could be coming any day and it's making me anxious. So now I'm packing the hospital bad for the 5th time because I always feel like I'm forgetting something.

We have packed one bag with things for both me and the baby. There is no telling how long we will be in the hospital, but my doctor is saying if everything looks good, I should be able to leave after around one day.

"Taylor, you've packed everything both of you need several times now. Let's go relax or something" joe says as he comes into our bedroom where I have everything laid out on the bed. He has been in the nursery all morning getting the final things ready for our girl to come home. She obviously wont sleep in her bedroom anytime soon because we have a cot in our bedroom to keep her here at night, but it's nice to have it done anyway.

I shot daggers at him with my eyes "leave me alone... I'm fine.. I need to do this... You go relax yourself" I snap at him. These days my mood is all over the place again with the high levels of hormones running through my body.

"You need to relax Taylor. That's what the doctor said--" he starts but I cut him off "i am relaxed joe. But if I don't have something to do, I will go insane, I need to be doing something" I tell him and roll my eyes.

Suddenly there is a pain in my stomach, and I hunch over "you okay Taylor?" a worried joe says, and I take deep breaths before rolling my eyes at him. "they're Braxton hicks joe. I've been having them for days and you already know that. Leave me alone" I groan at him.

These last couple of days he has become so overprotective that I'm going insane. He doesn't even let me put on my own clothing or make food, he only wants me to sit on my ass, but I refuse that, which ends in arguments.

"Taylor, that means you need to calm down and sit and relax. Remember your blood pressure too" he tries to argue but I glare at him. "You know damn well that Braxton hicks doesn't have anything to do with my hypertension. And if anything is giving me high blood pressure right now it's you" I argue back.

"But you were starting to dilate, what if this is the real thing?" joe says clearly still concerned. "she said no such thing joe. Even up to a week before you give birth you can even dilate up to 6 cm. So, shush and leave me alone. i'm hardly dialated" I say to him before continuing to do my packing.

I spend the next several hours packing and then folding and putting away our girls clothing in her bedroom. We went for light grey walls and a white crib like we talked about, but all the accent stuff is either white or pink. It really looks like a baby girls' nursery now and I can't help but feel the excitement.

"You know little miss munchkin in not too long you will be here, and I'm really excited to see you. I already love you lots, and even though daddy is being really annoying these days he loves us both always. I don't know how much longer you're going to stay in there, but please don't come before you're ready, we want you to be healthy little missy" I say and caress my stomach before I sit down in the recliner we have put in her room that's perfect for nursing.

"I agree, daddy does love both of his girls very much, even when mommy is being annoying" joe says with a smirk as he comes into the doorway, thankfully my mood is better than it was this morning, so I poke my tongue out at him. "you're a funny man, aren't you?" I speak.